Siri. Is it available for my 4G32?

CH1N087

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Where do people get the 4g from??? It has never been called that (to my knowledge) and it's getting to be rather annoying. Sorry, not trying to be a d***, but it really bugs the crap out of me.

Sent from my iPhone that was once black, but now has a voided warranty and a little blue dot at the bottom right of the screen using Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
To answer your question, Siri is currently only available on the 4S (the newest iPhone). It's possible it will come to older models in the future but Apple hasn't confirmed that.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Where do people get the 4g from??? It has never been called that (to my knowledge) and it's getting to be rather annoying. Sorry, not trying to be a d***, but it really bugs the crap out of me.

Sent from my iPhone that was once black, but now has a voided warranty and a little blue dot at the bottom right of the screen using Tapatalk

I think we all know exactly where the confusion comes from: the two phones before it had 3G in the name, and consumers now see "4G" touted in ads everywhere so assume the new iPhone is the iPhone 4G. (The average consumer probably didn't see a lot of the original iPhone?so the most familiar models are all "somethingG" models.

Speaking of confusion, what is your signature about? I've been trying to figure out what the blue dot/voided warranty means.

CH1N087

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think we all know exactly where the confusion comes from: the two phones before it had 3G in the name, and consumers now see "4G" touted in ads everywhere so assume the new iPhone is the iPhone 4G. (The average consumer probably didn't see a lot of the original iPhone—so the most familiar models are all "somethingG" models.

Speaking of confusion, what is your signature about? I've been trying to figure out what the blue dot/voided warranty means.

Never thought about it like that. Still annoys the crap out of me though haha. My sig is about me switching colors on my iPhone and making it harder than it needed to be an I messed the screen/digitizer during the swap and now there is a little blue dot at the bottom right of my screen. It's only visible on bright backgrounds though, cuz on my dark wallpaper you can't even see it.

scottydee

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site

It's what network carriers in the UK call it when on the phone to stop people getting confused and thinking they're getting the 4s instead of the 4 :)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Maybe they were referring to 4G as 4th Generation.

lornaevo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Is it that big of a deal because he said 4G? As you can see, he is a new member and probably new to iOs and Iphone. Oh wait I used a big I instead of iPhone.

marclh1992

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
You will NEED to be jailbroken to do this.

Yes it's possible, I have it working on my iPhone 4 16gb from using this website:
iphonestuffs4u(DOT)com/how-to-install-siri-on-iphone-4-ipod-touch-4g-without-proxy/

When you eventually get to trying to activate Siri by saying "Hi siri" she will keep saying I can't help you right now blah blah blah, keep trying every few minutes and you will eventually get it to work, just don't give up!

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
setting up a proxy is for an advanced user.. quite complicated.

i tried out siriproxy

works well.. i noticed that my phone got slow dont know if its the siriproxy or siritoggles that caused the prob.

but i found i wasnt using it much. was a good party trick. thats about it. so ive removed it.

for more info just google siriproxy.ru

Calebswag7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Siri proxy really isn't complicated at all, you just need to follow directions and have a 4s use Siri on it once a day. I installed it on my iPad 2 using spire and it was awesome! But in my opinion not worth all the crashes I received from jail breaking it. I mostly did to do it. But there are other ways in cydia that have come into cydia recently that I'd check out that are a lot easier to do if you really want Siri. I'm not sure of the names so I can't tell you what exactly they are but, also there are even a few Siri clones that give you sort of a good amount of Siri features with less integration like evi and even one in cydia I believe called Sara?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234