Multiple Bluetooth connections simultaneously?

shapelessbb

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. Question for the gurus. I have an iPhone 4 which I tether using Bluetooth via personal hotspot. Will I be able to simultaneously connect a stereo Bluetooth headset for music and voice calls on the iPhone and have it connected to iPad also for tethering? I'm jailbroken, tried mywi to connect via wifi to iPad but it renders my iPhone useless. Data stops working all together. So I had to settle for the native hotspot, but don't care for the 90 second disconnection when connecting to wifi, so settled for bluetooth. Thanks in advance guys. Oh, and Happy New Year to all

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Once a BT connection with a single device is established nothing else will work.
You can have devices that can be in stand by mode with multiple objects.
So a single BT device can connect to two phones, but once either phone establishes a link to the device, the 2nd device now drops off. Think of it in terms of active connections and stand by. Active connections only allow for 1 device to be paired and active at a time. Stand by can allow several devices to be paired, they then poll for activity.
At least this is how its been explained to me.
So if your connected to one unit via DUN bluetooth, that is an active connection and cant be used for a voice call.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods