Why is my usage the same as my standby time?

anon(4718837)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I think this is why I've been having poor battery performance. I really don't want to have to do a restore cause I don't want to lose all my bookmarks notes and game saves.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

anon(4718837)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
So after 16 hrs you still have 80% of your battery left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that's with it just sitting. No phone calls or any activity. What ever is causing the usage ran it down 20%. Before I could let it sit forever and only run down maybe 5%. Here's a pic with it on 2 days on standby and 3 hours of usage.

anon(4718837)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
damn, well if it was me i would restore as new. my OCD would not have it any other way

damn, well if it was me i would restore as new. my OCD would not have it any other way

I guess that's what I might have to do. I really hate to do that though cause I don't want to lose all my data. I have the phone on charge right now. I'm going to shut off cellular data and wifi tonight and see what happens.

anon(4718837)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I finally figured out why my battery was draining so fast and my usage and standby time is no longer equal. I'm getting much better battery performance.

anon(4718837)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Since I have multiple email accounts they was allllll set to fetch. I had fetch new data and push set to off but when I went to advanced settings I noticed that each email account was set to fetch. I switched them all to manual and bingo. Strange I know but now my usage an standby time is no longer equal. I figured since I had fetch new data and push set to off I would be fine. Just make sure to go into advanced and check to see if fetch or manual is selected. So far it's been a big difference for me :)

So if anyone is having poor battery performance I would suggest looking into this.

Last edited:
Reactions: VZWiP4

BethWestwater

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh my gosh!!! Thank you so much. I've been having this issue for the past two weeks and its been driving me crazy. I went to the apple store twice. The first time they told me I had to restore my phone, which didn't work. Then they told me my battery went bad, so they changed it for a new one. Luckily today I came across this and did exactly what you did. It worked! My battery it back to normal and so is my usage/standby times.
Couldn't thank you enough! Don't know if apple could have figured that out. :)

flynny19

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I've had this same issue for about a month now (prior to this I would easily get 24 hours combined use and standby)

The standby time and the usage time are the same and it's causing the battery to drain much faster than it used to.
- I've done a hard reset
- I've reset all settings
- I've done a reboot as new phone
- I've turned all notifications off
- I've deleted my email accounts and 3rd party apps
- I've deactivated icloud
- I've been to the Apple Genius twice (first time they tweaked the settings, second time they replaced the battery)

But nothing changes the usage and standby dilema and I can no longer make it through the work day on a singel charge even with very liitle (30 minutes) of actual usage.

If anybody has any other suggestions please help! Thanks.

Last edited:

powellenrica

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
You can go to the app store and find apps that does this. There are certain apps that does monitor ram activity and system activity and it does free up the memory on it's own.

Yes, but how many of them are free, as in, part of the original package, same as Terminal and Activity Monitor are on a Mac? I don't mind paying a few bucks for an app I'll use on a daily basis to work or entertain myself, but I DO mind empyting my pockets for an app that should be factory-installed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner