Things an ex-blackberry user should know

Wretch 12

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi, so I'm expecting my iPhone 4 to arrive today and I've been using a BlackBerry Curve since March.

I know these two phones are universes apart, but what should I expect from the phone that completely differs from my old BlackBerry? Other than iOS having a better UI.

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
So far I love the iPhone. Just switched from BB 2 days ago. My only problem so far is that I am getting killed in data usage. 100mb today alone. I never exceeded 200mb in an entire month on BB. A lot of reading leads to speculation that ios5 has caused problems. My phone came preloaded with it. I have done everything I could find that recommended how to save data usage and nothing is helping

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So far I love the iPhone. Just switched from BB 2 days ago. My only problem so far is that I am getting killed in data usage. 100mb today alone. I never exceeded 200mb in an entire month on BB. A lot of reading leads to speculation that ios5 has caused problems. My phone came preloaded with it. I have done everything I could find that recommended how to save data usage and nothing is helping

That's pretty normal the first couple of weeks because of the app options! ;) You'll slack off. If you're not on unlimited, I suggest waiting until you're on wifi to do your dl's. I use mine as much as possible for web browsing, Facebook, tapatalk and email and have only gone over 2gb once.

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty normal the first couple of weeks because of the app options! ;) You'll slack off. If you're not on unlimited, I suggest waiting until you're on wifi to do your dl's. I use mine as much as possible for web browsing, Facebook, tapatalk and email and have only gone over 2gb once.

I have not downloaded a single app over the air. All the apps I have I DL'd on my computer and synced to my phone.

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
When I switched from my Blackberry over to the iPhone I think the hardest thing (even though it took maybe an hour) to do is get used to no physical keyboard. Other than that everything is simpler and a whole lot better. The only thing I miss though is BBM and iMessage is no BBM.

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
BB data is compressed so you use very little of your data plan. iPhone data is not compressed so you will use more. web browser is 1000x better though. it is not an ios 5 bug. try making sure that you are connected to wifi at home/work that will save you some.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2