Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts

Default cant delete pic folder using computer

iPhone 4. Latest OS using Win 7

I connect the ip[hone to my computer and navigate computer >my iphone > internal storage > DCIM > Then there are 3 file folders listed that contain my photos.

In the past there has only been one file folder and I was able to delete the folder to remove the pics from my phone. Now I get an error saying delete failed. There is now two icons for "local disk".

Any idea how I can delete these pics and folders, and is it sage to delete the local disk? They are 0 bytes

pics attached
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,743 Global Posts

Are the folders empty? I have never had a problem deleting folders on my iPhone in the way you describe.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts

The folders are full of pictures.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,455 Global Posts

AFAIK the folder access via windows has always been read-only.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    370 Global Posts

Are you able to change the read only attribute, if so, how? I also have duplicate folders from a JB Album app that is literally using half my space. Last night I tried to cut & paste one of them but it just copied and pasted. I also know theses folders are wasting space in my backup and preventing my from cloud storage due to the size.
    I thought iOS 5 was going to allow deletion on the device.