Does anyone wipe and then reload the OS just because?

vinndy

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Back when I had a BB, I used to completely wipe the device and then reload the OS about once every six months. I felt this was needed because of the lack of storage and I felt the device getting buggy or sluggish. I wonder if anyone ever does that with iPhone?

KLieu

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the blackberry for the past 5 years, I also recall wiping and reinstalling the OS each time it did seemed like it was running more efficiently. In this case I agree, I don't think it would makes a huge difference on the iphone.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Former BlackBerry user here as well, and other than doing a fresh wipe and install when iOS 5 was released I haven't wiped my iPhone 4 yet; I haven't felt a need to, as the performance of my iPhone hasn't changed since I bought it.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i did it often while i was jailbroken. i know for a fact it helped as i was adding/removing stuff all the time, just made sense

when i'm Pure i'll do it with every new OS. not a big deal and doesn't take long

vinndy

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I tend to agree with not seeing any sluggish behaviour with the iphone over time, but I have to assume that every program, game, etc., downloaded and then deleted leaves behind some sort of data. Does this not add up over time?

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Crackberry fan here, new iphone user also! Only have reloaded my iphone after having some troubles with a sync issue. Turned out to not be the phone or software. So I did it a few times a year on the Blackberry's, but even speaking with friends I do not see the same happening with iOS.

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I tend to agree with not seeing any sluggish behaviour with the iphone over time, but I have to assume that every program, game, etc., downloaded and then deleted leaves behind some sort of data. Does this not add up over time?

I know for SURE this happened on my BlackBerry (that "Content Store" database just kept growing and growing even when I deleted photos!). I did a full wipe and restore when I went to a new OS on that. With my iPhone I've done it once when moving from 4.3-whatever the latest release was to 5.0. I don't think the iPhone leaves behind THAT much data with app/music/photo deletion, certainly not as bad as BlackBerry. But I'm only assuming this because the "Other" in my iPhone has always stayed around the same (and I am assuming app data and what not get stored there). :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73