Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By joe_fresh
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Why can't I see my movies on my iPhone 4s

I've just got a new iphone 4s and I need to put some of my own videos on the phone. I've converted a test video into mp4 m4v with h.264 compressing. Then I put them into Itunes and transferred them using sync. Itunes says that they are now on my iphone, however, when I try to find them on my iphone, I can't see anything in my videos app. Where are they???

Going Crazy
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    iPhone Nanite

OK no one wants to answer me yet. Maybe I need a nicer message. How about if I add...

So I made a couple of videos today about hockey, They were shot on a Canon 5d. I encoded them with mpeg streamclip to mp4 with h264 compressor. I also tried the ImTOO iPhone Video Converter trial version just to make sure it wasn't my encoding as the problem.

OK, now I have my iphone plugged in and visible in itunes. I drag the new videos into my movies on itune. Then I press sync under my iphone tab. They transfer. They are visible in the movies tab under my iphone. They play in the itunes player.

But.... they are still no where to be found on my iphone. My videos app still says no music, you can download music from itunes. Why does it say "no music". Shouldn't it be saying "no videos". Maybe this is my problem.

On my iphone, I go to settings / video:

Start playing - "Where I left off"
    Closed Captioning - "off"

Home Sharing
    Apple ID - empty
    password - empty

"An Apple ID is required to use Home Sharing."

OK so is THIS me problem??? Home sharing??? I enter my apple ID. Password.

re-sync... nothing. No videos in my video. WTF!!!

please help
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,470 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Check in your photos file. And you could be a little more calm and nice about it. Most people have jobs here and don't have the time to browse a forum all day long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD (me) Motorola RAZR HD (wife)
    iOS Gravity likes this.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Nanite

Yes, you are right. I am very sorry for my rudeness. I will try to be patient... the videos were not in my photo album.

Anyone else have any clue? Could it be a malfunctioning phone???
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Nanite

OK, so I wasn't crazy. I knew this was something weird. And you probably won't believe me but I found the answer in another forum and it goes like this:

Hey guys!
    This literally just happened to me and I solved it in 1 minute!

What you have to do is...

Settings > general > International > Language > *change the current language to a different (I chose British English to English) and then allow the language to change* > once you're back at the home screen click on iPod and allow the library to load :]

Hope this helps! it was an iPhone 4 on 4.1 :]
    Toshiba Laptop, Windows Vista, iPhone 4, iPhone 3g, iPod touch 1st gen, iPod touch 2nd Gen

Thank you Nickw73 from h t t p s : / / discussions.apple.com/thread/2521992?start=15&tstart=0[/url]

check it out... it's no joke. All you have to do is change the language settings
    iPhone Nanite

I had the same problems and followed all the points raised here (convert to ipod via advanced tab) to no avail. Eventually, I found that if I change the Media Kind (right click on the video->Get Info->Options) and change it to a music video, then add it to a play list, adding the playlist in the usual way, it showed up on the phone (iphone 4s) and plays fine.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Why can't I see my movies on my iPhone 4s

We were able to get it to work by changing the video type to "TV Show".
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.1/5.11

I never has to make any changes. I used Roxio to convert the videos for iOS use. It gives me the option for iPod, iPhone and iPad and selects the correct corresponding quality and everything. Then put them in a specific folder I created to have them in and then from that folder dragged them into the Movies section in iTunes.
    iPhone Nanite

I had the same problem. In iTunes, .click on Movies in the upper left. Right click your movie, click get info, options, then verify Media Kind is Movie. After syncing, look at the iPhone. Your movie will not be in the Music icon, it will be in the blue Videos icon. I did not see this icon because it was created inside a folder with the Camera icon. Look inside your folders and it should be there.
    iMore Nanite

Thank you so much... converting to Music Video did the trick. Trying to update 2 kids ipods that should be identical and one showed the video in the video app and the other didn't !... Why one worked and not the other I have no idea. Thank you, Thank you, thank you!