12-25-2013 10:15 PM
- I've just got a new iphone 4s and I need to put some of my own videos on the phone. I've converted a test video into mp4 m4v with h.264 compressing. Then I put them into Itunes and transferred them using sync. Itunes says that they are now on my iphone, however, when I try to find them on my iphone, I can't see anything in my videos app. Where are they???
Going Crazy12-08-2011 02:07 PM
- OK no one wants to answer me yet. Maybe I need a nicer message. How about if I add...
So I made a couple of videos today about hockey, They were shot on a Canon 5d. I encoded them with mpeg streamclip to mp4 with h264 compressor. I also tried the ImTOO iPhone Video Converter trial version just to make sure it wasn't my encoding as the problem.
OK, now I have my iphone plugged in and visible in itunes. I drag the new videos into my movies on itune. Then I press sync under my iphone tab. They transfer. They are visible in the movies tab under my iphone. They play in the itunes player.
But.... they are still no where to be found on my iphone. My videos app still says no music, you can download music from itunes. Why does it say "no music". Shouldn't it be saying "no videos". Maybe this is my problem.
On my iphone, I go to settings / video:
Start playing - "Where I left off"
Closed Captioning - "off"
Apple ID - empty
password - empty
"An Apple ID is required to use Home Sharing."
OK so is THIS me problem??? Home sharing??? I enter my apple ID. Password.
re-sync... nothing. No videos in my video. WTF!!!
please help12-08-2011 05:52 PM
- OK, so I wasn't crazy. I knew this was something weird. And you probably won't believe me but I found the answer in another forum and it goes like this:
This literally just happened to me and I solved it in 1 minute!
What you have to do is...
Settings > general > International > Language > *change the current language to a different (I chose British English to English) and then allow the language to change* > once you're back at the home screen click on iPod and allow the library to load :]
Hope this helps! it was an iPhone 4 on 4.1 :]
Toshiba Laptop, Windows Vista, iPhone 4, iPhone 3g, iPod touch 1st gen, iPod touch 2nd Gen
Thank you Nickw73 from h t t p s : / / discussions.apple.com/thread/2521992?start=15&tstart=0[/url]
check it out... it's no joke. All you have to do is change the language settings12-08-2011 10:38 PM
- I had the same problems and followed all the points raised here (convert to ipod via advanced tab) to no avail. Eventually, I found that if I change the Media Kind (right click on the video->Get Info->Options) and change it to a music video, then add it to a play list, adding the playlist in the usual way, it showed up on the phone (iphone 4s) and plays fine.08-14-2012 12:50 AM
- I never has to make any changes. I used Roxio to convert the videos for iOS use. It gives me the option for iPod, iPhone and iPad and selects the correct corresponding quality and everything. Then put them in a specific folder I created to have them in and then from that folder dragged them into the Movies section in iTunes.11-12-2012 01:38 AM
- I had the same problem. In iTunes, .click on Movies in the upper left. Right click your movie, click get info, options, then verify Media Kind is Movie. After syncing, look at the iPhone. Your movie will not be in the Music icon, it will be in the blue Videos icon. I did not see this icon because it was created inside a folder with the Camera icon. Look inside your folders and it should be there.11-24-2012 02:31 PM
- Thank you so much... converting to Music Video did the trick. Trying to update 2 kids ipods that should be identical and one showed the video in the video app and the other didn't !... Why one worked and not the other I have no idea. Thank you, Thank you, thank you!12-25-2013 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD