Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Default Sound vs Vibrate Issue

Ok, here is the issue that I am having. When I am working out I use my bluetooth headphones and leave the phone in my bag on vibrate but I don't hear any of my alerts because it is on vibrate. The only time I hear the alerts through the headphones is when I have the ringer on. I was hoping since the headphones are being used it would be smart enough to know I want the sound in the headphones but not on the phone. I hope this makes sense? It does the same thing when I am using the original headphones but of course I have the phone with me since they are not wireless. I could be wrong but I thought one of my past phones had this option or just did it as standard.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    283 Global Posts

The fact that it doesn't play sound through the headphones is the smart part. Why would you want annoying alerts when trying to work out? I put mine on vibrate at the gym to avoid all the alerts and listen to music.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

I was thinking if my wife or kids needed to get in touch with me. So maybe just the phone and not the other alerts but I don't want my phone ringing while it is across the gym and I can't hear it anyway.