Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

230 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts

Default Settings shortcuts

Hi, I saw an article on Tipb the other day that showed you can make icons for certain frequently accessed settings controls like wifi toggle and bluetooth toggle, but the article didn't mention how to do this. Is this something you can do without jailbreak? If so does anyone know how? Thanks!
    iPhone Intermediate

204 Posts
    Global Posts
    629 Global Posts

You can do it without jail breaking. Look through the recent TiPb posts for instructions.

However, it appears that when iOS 5.1 is released you won't be able to do it anymore, so keep that in mind.

EDIT: Here's the link: http://www.tipb.com/2011/11/24/add-s...s-home-screen/
    Last edited by ProfessorTripp; 12-02-2011 at 09:15 AM.
    csal80 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

274 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts

I was jailbroken for the longest and never wanted to update to iOS 5 because I didn't want to lose my jailbreak (and didn't want to tether jb) ... Anyways, I don't do TOO much with a jailbreak, mainly only SBSettings and BiteSMS ... so when I found out about these settings shortcuts I figured that was one thing that could substitute SBSettings, all I would truly be missing is BiteSMS, so I went ahead and finally updated to iOS 5.0.1 yesterday from 4.3.3 ... I'm pretty content with it, it makes things pretty simple (the shortcuts), and it satisfies some of the jailbreak ease I was used to. Now if only Apple would ever implement BiteSMS capabilities, lol.