1) First up – we’re going to make the assumption that you have iBooks installed on your iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone. If you don’t, click here to install it.
2) Now open up iTunes. Select File -> Add to Library….
3) Navigate to the PDF file(s) you want to add to iBooks. You can select more than one file, or select an entire folder. Once you’ve made your selection, click Choose.
4) Now select Books from your iTunes Library. You should see the PDF file(s) that you just added, now listed.
5) Right-click (ctrl+click for single-button Mac folks) on the newly added PDF and select Get Info.
6) First select the Options tab. Make sure that the Media Kind: is set to Book.
7) Now select the Info tab. From here you can add any missing info – the authors name, the published year etc. When you’re done, click OK.
8) Almost done. Now select your iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone from the Devices list in iTunes. Select the Books tab from the list at the top. Make sure that Sync Books is checked. If you want to sync all of the books you’ve added to iTunes, select All Books and then click the Sync button. If you want to only sync specific books, choose Selected Books and then place a check next to each of the books you want to sync (and then click the Sync button).
9) Now open iBooks. You’ll see a PDFs button at the top. Tap it.
10) You’ll be presented with a list of all the PDFs you added via iTunes. Tap one of them..
11) and it will open in iBooks. At any point in time you can tap the screen and a menu will appear at the top. From here you can change the displays brightness, search the PDF, bookmark a page etc.
12) That’s it – you’re done!