Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

2 Posts

Default I backed up and synced on iTunes and all my iPhone contacts were lost.

When I synced on iTunes all my contacts were lost. Favorites became just numbers with no names. What happened? If any way to transfer my iPhone contacts to computer without itunes?
    Thanks in advance.
    iPhone Beginner

53 Posts

This happened to me yesterday. I have no idea how to get them back!
    iMore Genius

10,934 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

Do a restore from your last backup to get your stuff back. Then create a Gmail account, and set it up as Exchange, or use your free @me.com account. Then sync your contacts to it so that you don't have to worry ever again.
    iPhone Newbie

10 Posts

Smile Transfer contacts from iPhone to computer

If I have icloud, and I have my contacts there, and I do a restore and set as new iphone, and after I get my icloud account running on it, will it sync my contacts back? Thanks and sorry for all the ands :P
    Besides i share you a article about how to transfer contacts from iPhone to computer, which can help you backup all iPhone contacts and contact photos from iPhone to your computer and keep them safe on the computer.
    Hope it can do you a favor.
    Last edited by ericym; 11-21-2011 at 09:03 AM.