Message sent tone

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to reactivate the sent SMS tone? I liked it. I have it activated for my email but for some reason I don't have it on for SMS any longer. Where can I go to check?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
there is no option to turn this ON or OFF, it's a default setting within the system files. did you happen to be jailbroken at any point?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
basically you will need to access your system files. iFile, in Cydia, does have a trial period or there are other methods that can be done on your computer, depending on if you have a Mac or PC

here is that path you are looking for: System > Library > Audio > UISounds > SentMessage.caf

sometimes with certain themes/tweaks it will change or remove this file. if it has been changed more than likely it was changed to SentMessage.xxx it simply needs to be changed back to SentMessage.caf

if it has been completely removed there are a few ways to put it back onto the device

give the first method a try and see what happens. i'll keep an eye on this thread if you need more help and as always, be careful when accessing system files

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
that is just a general disclaimer that was released on Oct 12th. go into it and you'll see

iFile is indeed 100% iOS 5 safe

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
cf83d862.jpg

I don't have the audio folder...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
you will need to go back< and start from the very beginning, then follow this path:

System > Library > Audio > UISounds

it looks like you started from Var > Mobile > Library

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
have you tried listening to it? select that file and play the default audio player within iFile

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
very odd indeed. i think it is set at a default volume as well...

something must have got corrupted at one time. have you downloaded any ringtones or themes with custom tones from Cydia?

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Ringtones yeah. As for themes with sounds. Who knows. It's ok though. I just wasnt sure why it worked for email but not SMS.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it's possible that that one of the ringtones coded something differently and is now interfering with the SMS sent tone. maybe try removing the downloaded ringtones and see what happens?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner