iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S?

OkieJoles

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been thinking about getting an iPhone soon. I want to get the iPhone 4 8GB, I can fit all my songs and apps on my 8GB iPod with 5 GB left so space isn't an issue, to save some money. Am I going to miss out anything? I know there's Siri and the hardware of the iPhone 4 and camera beats my android Optimus V any day. So am I missing out on anything else? Oh and when I got the AT&T shop, will the iPhone 4 already have iOS 5? Or will I update it myself?

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
if your not worried about having the most up to date phone, then i say get the iphone 4. but you have to look at, the iphone 4 will be about obsolete after the next gen iphone comes out, having little upgraded features, more than likely. if that bothers you, then splurge a bit and get the 4S, and by the time that phone is about obsolete, you will be able to upgrade to the new iphone.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
+1

I am one of those crazy sobs that went from IP4 to IP4S and i do not regret it at all.

Safari was already fast and now it FLYS. I am not 100% on the camera but i have not done any outside shots yet so.

For me battery life was crap but i did a full discharge (twice) and disabled autotimezone and i can see its a lot better than my 4.

If ip4 and 4s were same cost wise i would do 4s & even if 4s was a hundred or two dollars more.

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Both my friend and I have iPhones through Sprint. He got the white 4S and I got the white 4. After getting our phones he wanted to test the speeds of both phones. We were in an area with good coverage, probably only had one bar missing. He opened up safari and loaded both of the same webpages on both phones. My 4 was loading INCREDIBLY faster than his. He was a little downtrodden. Personally I'd say go with the 4. I have plenty of storage as well and it runs just as smooth as the 4S. Think of it this way. The 4 has been out for about a year and half and it STILL runs smooth? I think the 4 will be just as good in 2 years time.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a 4S but I would not get an 8GB phone. Even if it's roomy enough now, will it be so in 18 months? But if the space doesn't matter, consider the key hardware differences: the faster a5 processor and the better camera, and there's also Siri. Finally, I don't expect the resale value of the 8GB 4 to hold up as well because of all the 16 and 32 GB models to compete against. But if none of these things matter to you, then a 4 is certainly not a bad phone to get.

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I say play with them side by side. I couldn't really tell a difference in speed from the 4 to the 4S and like I said my 4 was loading web pages faster than my buddy's 4S. Yes the 4S does have a pretty sweet camera, but the 4's camera is still very good. Siri can be hacked onto the 4 and works perfect. If you jailbreak the iPhone 4 then the value has just gone up tremendously. Trust me, it's an iPhone...it will sell itself if you decide to sell it in the future.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
ok, guys and gals--i have a quick simple question about the 4 vs. 4S.

does the 4 on the new iOS5 have the word replacement feature that is offered in the 4S?
(ie-if i type omw- it will automatically be replaced with "on my way")

At this point i'm pretty set on the 4S, BUT if the 4 does offer this feature, i may save some cash and get the 4 instead. (i'm going to be ordering this weekend:D) i have to be honest, i am worried about the batt issue that 4S had, but i'm aware an update will be coming soon too.:)

TIA :) ahh....decisions, decisions....lol.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
ok, guys and gals--i have a quick simple question about the 4 vs. 4S.

does the 4 on the new iOS5 have the word replacement feature that is offered in the 4S?
(ie-if i type omw- it will automatically be replaced with "on my way")

At this point i'm pretty set on the 4S, BUT if the 4 does offer this feature, i may save some cash and get the 4 instead. (i'm going to be ordering this weekend:D) i have to be honest, i am worried about the batt issue that 4S had, but i'm aware an update will be coming soon too.:)

TIA :) ahh....decisions, decisions....lol.

My 4 running OS5 does have this feature in Settings, so while I've not tried it myself, I'm guessing the answer is 'Yes'.

I've no burning urge to move up to the 4S - the features and speed on it not enough of a carrot to encourage this incremental move and all the stuff I need to do works fine as-is - but if you're coming from an older iPhone or other device, my inclination would be to go with the 4S, if you can afford it. You'll end up with the newest technology and be set for the length of any contract you may get. The reported 'battery drain' issue seems to be an OS5 - not hardware - issue and Apple has (finally) acknowledged it and tell us a fix is in the works. Apparently.

All that said, if push comes to shove, I think that storage, rather than processor speed, is a bigger issue for users, particularly if your plans include loading up the device with music, video and games. If you can get a iP4 with, say, 32 GB storage for significantly less less than a 1P4S with 16GB, I'd go with the iP4.

I think I've sufficiently muddied the waters for you. My job is done here...

;)

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
My 4 running OS5 does have this feature in Settings, so while I've not tried it myself, I'm guessing the answer is 'Yes'.

I've no burning urge to move up to the 4S - the features and speed on it not enough of a carrot to encourage this incremental move and all the stuff I need to do works fine as-is - but if you're coming from an older iPhone or other device, my inclination would be to go with the 4S, if you can afford it. You'll end up with the newest technology and be set for the length of any contract you may get. The reported 'battery drain' issue seems to be an OS5 - not hardware - issue and Apple has (finally) acknowledged it and tell us a fix is in the works. Apparently.

All that said, if push comes to shove, I think that storage, rather than processor speed, is a bigger issue for users, particularly if your plans include loading up the device with music, video and games. If you can get a iP4 with, say, 32 GB storage for significantly less less than a 1P4S with 16GB, I'd go with the iP4.

I think I've sufficiently muddied the waters for you. My job is done here...

;)
thx Bazza;):) well, with all that takin into acct and i'm aware of the battery 4s thing, but i did just go to my local vzw store earlier that had the 16g 4s white in stock so i got that:D i'm very happy with my purchase and looking forward to enjoying it:)

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Both my friend and I have iPhones through Sprint. He got the white 4S and I got the white 4. After getting our phones he wanted to test the speeds of both phones. We were in an area with good coverage, probably only had one bar missing. He opened up safari and loaded both of the same webpages on both phones. My 4 was loading INCREDIBLY faster than his. He was a little downtrodden. Personally I'd say go with the 4. I have plenty of storage as well and it runs just as smooth as the 4S. Think of it this way. The 4 has been out for about a year and half and it STILL runs smooth? I think the 4 will be just as good in 2 years time.

this is actually impossible.

I had the 4 and 4s together for a while and i did the same and both were in the same location and i did a comparison 3g and wifi... and 4s loading pages was significantly faster.

You can search there are tons of vidoes comparing 4 vs 4s.

Either your friend has a defective phone or something else is up with his phone.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
thx Bazza;):) well, with all that takin into acct and i'm aware of the battery 4s thing, but i did just go to my local vzw store earlier that had the 16g 4s white in stock so i got that:D i'm very happy with my purchase and looking forward to enjoying it:)

You made the right decision. You have Siri, a better camera, faster processor. You made the right decision.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
this is actually impossible.

I had the 4 and 4s together for a while and i did the same and both were in the same location and i did a comparison 3g and wifi... and 4s loading pages was significantly faster.

You can search there are tons of vidoes comparing 4 vs 4s.

Either your friend has a defective phone or something else is up with his phone.

Ah, but it's NOT impossible as my 4 was do this. :) I'm perfectly happy with my 4. Fast enough for me and I don't have a battery issue. Everything is working perfect for me.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
who's the retarded to get an iPhone 4 when theres the 4s... please.... what kind of question is that?

Someone who wants to save 99 bucks lol that's about it 99 bucks is well worth the speed , Siri , camera,
The battery issue is IOS 5 issue not just 4s and it's being fixed ..

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
if you're burning an upgrade then i say get the 4S. although, my opinion would be just get a 4 (16gb or 32gb) on Craigslist and save your upgrade for next year when there most likely will be a hardware revision

the 8gb iPhone 4's are a joke. hardly any storage, which i'm sure most people regret not too long after buying it and try to get the full experience..

there's nothing "wrong" about getting a 1+ year old iPhone 4. i also hate posting in these types of threads because in the end it's up to YOU. we don't know your finances, nor should we

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
After owning a 4 for about a few weeks. I'd love a 4s. I'm sure the dual core would out perform the droid bionic I had.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen