Syncing problem/ Outlook Sync Server??

gmagnes

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
The problem is that whenever I try to synch with my work PC (calendar and contacts), it takes an inordinate amount of time--30 minutes, maybe more. I'll get a message saying there are conflicts. When I try to resolve the conflicts, I get a message saying that it's unable to retrieve conflict information from the sync server. Please try again... While the iphone is connected to the synch cable I get a message every so often saying, "the Outlook sync client has encountered a problem and needs to close." This message pops up even when I'm not actually actively synching. All that being said, the process does seem to synch updates to both calendar and contacts. It just works in such an incredibly clunky way. I've tried resetting my sync history in itunes. I've tried replacing both calendar and onctacts info on the iPhone from the PC, and neither has made a difference. Anyone have any ideas??

Here's some more background. I've used an iphone for about 3 1/2 years. I'm currently using the iPhone 4 and recently upgraded to ios5. At about the same time I upgraded my computer at work. I am running Windows XP with Outlook 2007, which is what I was running on my prior computer. For most of this 3 year period, I was synching the iPhone to both work and home PC's (work: calendar and contacts only/ home: music, podcasts, video, apps, etc.-basically everything except calendar and contacts). That seemed to work fine.
Now I'm having a problem, and I'm not sure if it corresponds to the computer upgrade, the ios5 upgrade, or both. When I upgraded to ios5, I also started using the Cloud, in order to get up to date stuff from my iphone to my Ipad. That didn't seem to work, as I was getting duplicate entries in both calendar and contacts. I stopped using the cloud and have gone back to just synching by cable. Also I just swapped out my iPhone due to a pixel problem. The tech person in the store suggesting backing the old phone up to the cloud and restoring the new phone from that backup, which worked fine. I'm wondering though if that backup might have somehow introduced a conflict related to having synched once with the cloud. One more item that might be involved--the tech person here disabled Bonjour because he felt it was conflicting with the VPN service on my pc/laptop. Does anyone have any idea of what's going on?
thanks
Gerry

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2