ringtones will NOT delete from iphone 4

S

sandybdus

Aloha from Hawaii!

I have a problem and for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

I created and added some custom ringtones to my itunes library, synced them to my phone..
there were are few that didnt sound good on phone so I deleted the files from the hard drive and also deleted them from itunes. Then I synced again, and the darn m4r files I just physically deleted from the hard drive and removed from itunes are STILL ON THE PHONE!

For the life of me I cannot figure out why they wont DELETE from the phone.

Any suggestions?

I am using macbook with OSX.. thanks guys in advance!

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Have you done a power reset by holding the lock button and the circle button together until it powers off and release them when the appe logo appears. I will do some searching for a better answer. Aloha!

S

sandybdus

I tired that before I posted help request , a hard reset, did not fix the issue... I am loosing my hair over this issue... LOL

S

sandybdus

I fixed it, I had to use IPHONE EXPLORER and browse the files MANUALLY on the iphone and REMOVE the ringtones.pls

This removed ALL OF MY (none of the FACTORY INSTALLED!) ringtones from the phone.

I then readded the ringtones to itunes, picked the ones I now wanted on the phone, synced it, and PRESTO, my old ringtones were gone.

I could NOT accomplish this via itunes, because it would not let me BROWSE the right directory on the PHONE ITSELF!

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
hi with the help of i file u can browse and delete
i phone 4 ios 6.0.1 files and delete the ringtones.pls in sync folder make sure u dont delete any wrong files , other wise ur keyboard sound and lock sound will not work . thanks a lot this tweak helps me a lot .

:p

VernOverton

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
you can connect iPhone to your PC via usb and then go in the iPhone folder and find tones or ringtones and manually delete the ones you don't want in your iPhone. Or try FonePaw iOS Transfer, which I use to create and delete custom ringtones from iPhone on my computer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73