duplicate emails please help

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to ios5 last night.

Having a small issue

when I receive a email it has 2 pop banners for each email and on my notification screen it shows 2 emails but my mail app shows the correct email 1 time.

is there a reason my notifications are duplicating emails ??

I tried a test email from my mac and it alerted me 3 times and showed the same email 3 times in the notification pull down.

I only have one 1 icloud account and one gmail exchange account on my phone.

Also how do you activate a flash as a notification blinker..

Thanks

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about the email issue, maybe someone else can chime in. If your talking about setting up the flash using the led light go into Settings>General>Accessibility>LED Flash for Alerts (turn on). Although from what I have read certain alerts did not work with the flash. I actually tried it and found it rather annoying. It's no Blackberry blinking red light.

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I delete my email accounts and set them back up when I have problems with push. Works out for me. I would try that.

Zach7

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you have your mail set up on your phone and Mac with iCloud turned on both devices. You should turn off the iCloud mail feature on both devices and just have them sync via the mail settings. Or try just one device with the iCloud mail feature. Let me know if that clears it up.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods