Create Apple ID in iOS5 without credit card number

Stromie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello friends. I purchased used GSM iPhone 4 for purposes of jailbreaking/unlocking and using on T-Mobile network. While playing with the purchase, which by the way has upgraded iOS 5, I'd attempted to download a free app and was prompted to login with an Apple ID. I could not complete creating the new ID without entering valid credit card number, my Credit Card menu did not have "None" as the choice.

What do you guys suggest?

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
Go to setting , iCloud. You should have the option to get a free apple id. You can create an apple Id without a CC. To get a free app. I have an ID in Canada , US and UK and none has a CC.

Stromie

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
after doing some more research and tinkering with it, I was successfull, and want to share the info.

Mind you this was done on AT'Ts GSM model. Go to App Store, find and attempt to download a free app. Choose to create an ID, then pick USA as the country. Follow the prompts and enter the personal info which does not have to be legit, it is nobody's business. Just make sure to use your valid email address. Once you're in the screen that asks for a credit card number, go to Credit Card Name pick menu, and available options should be: Visa, Amex, Mastercard, None. Select None and proceed. Done.

Note that if you're going to use an email address which already has been attempted to created an apple ID, even though incomplete, will not work, and None option in the cc name field will not appear. Make sure to use a unique email address where you can check your email.

Also note, that None option may not show up if you decide to create new id by going through Settings>Store.

Reactions: drarif

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I had to enter the CC number regardless of DL free apps all I DL is free apps. I think it is just something they have to have