Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rayz336
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default How to get videos from my iphone onto my computer?

Hi there,
    Im having trouble getting videos I have taken with my iphone 4 onto my laptop. I can only email a portion of them, as they are mostly quite long or else upload to youtube, which I dont want to do.
    I do have Itunes in sync with my iphone but have no idea how to get vids and pics from the phone onto the computer.
    Any help would be most appreciated
    Thanks.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I believe it works like this: when the device is connected to your laptop and iTunes is open, select the device itself within iTunes, and under the Movies and Photos tabs, make sure that Sync is actually checked. The photos and movies on your phone should now be copied into the iTunes folder on your laptop the next time you sync the device. That's how it's been working on my computer anyways...
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by navarro77 View Post
    I believe it works like this: when the device is connected to your laptop and iTunes is open, select the device itself within iTunes, and under the Movies and Photos tabs, make sure that Sync is actually checked. The photos and movies on your phone should now be copied into the iTunes folder on your laptop the next time you sync the device. That's how it's been working on my computer anyways...
    Thanks heaps for the reply
    I gave it a try but couldnt locate an itunes folder? Im quite technology challenged so I might have another go...
    iMore Expert

plug your phone into itunes and once its synced and all done backing up open up iphoto and import everything from your camera roll onto iphoto its so easy and fast.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by serajade View Post
    Thanks heaps for the reply
    I gave it a try but couldnt locate an itunes folder? Im quite technology challenged so I might have another go...
    Are you using a Windows (and which version) or an Apple laptop?

Windows: Start button>Music>iTunes>iTunes Media (this is the default location where your iTunes libraries are stored)

Apple: Do as Infiniti7 suggested because I don't have an Apple computer :-(
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by navarro77 View Post
    Are you using a Windows (and which version) or an Apple laptop?

Windows: Start button>Music>iTunes>iTunes Media (this is the default location where your iTunes libraries are stored)

Apple: Do as Infiniti7 suggested because I don't have an Apple computer :-(
    Hiya, Im using windows, the one after vista. Not sure what its called.
    I followed the instructions, but my itunes media had my songs and pics, but I couldnt see any vids that I had recorded on my iphone?
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Infiniti7 View Post
    plug your phone into itunes and once its synced and all done backing up open up iphoto and import everything from your camera roll onto iphoto its so easy and fast.
    Where do I find the iphoto folder on my laptop? I synced and backed everything up but still cant find my vids?
    iPhone Newbie

A quick workaround is to download the drop box app and sign up for a drop box account. Install it in your phone and your PC/Mac, then you can go in it from the app and upload to a folder and it will download to your PC/Mac. Obviously, the speed will depend on the size of the video, but if you are really needing to get at the videos it will work. Works the same with pictures.

Global Posts
    1,999 Global Posts
    iOS Version

When you connect your iPhone to you Windows computer, go to my computer and you iPhone should show up under portable devices keep double-clicking the folders until you get to the thumbnails for your pictures
    avmsam likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Elaborating on rayz336, if you're on windows, you don't need dropbox or itunes to get photos and videos off your iphone. From my computer or windows explorer, you should see the iphone when its connected to the computer. The only directory inside the iphone you can see is the DCIM folder, which just happens to be where all photos and videos are stored. The photos and videos will be inside of a folder one level down from DCIM. That folder will have a nonsense name.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: How to get videos from my iphone onto my computer?

Going to Computer\... iPhone\Internal Storage\DCIM\860OKMZO in Windows was the only way I could find my pictures or videos. Going to the iTunes folder did not work. Using iTunes did not work.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    448 Global Posts

Your best bet is to use Dropbox. Super easy. Set it up on iPhone and upload video.
    iMore Nanite

really i cant send that video which i put from other computer now i cant plug other computer i can watch that video that save in movies but i cant send wats the problem plz somebody help me
    iMore Nanite

C:\Users\user-name\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media