How to get videos from my iphone onto my computer?

serajade

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,
Im having trouble getting videos I have taken with my iphone 4 onto my laptop. I can only email a portion of them, as they are mostly quite long or else upload to youtube, which I dont want to do.
I do have Itunes in sync with my iphone but have no idea how to get vids and pics from the phone onto the computer.
Any help would be most appreciated :)
Thanks.

efn77mx

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I believe it works like this: when the device is connected to your laptop and iTunes is open, select the device itself within iTunes, and under the Movies and Photos tabs, make sure that Sync is actually checked. The photos and movies on your phone should now be copied into the iTunes folder on your laptop the next time you sync the device. That's how it's been working on my computer anyways...

serajade

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe it works like this: when the device is connected to your laptop and iTunes is open, select the device itself within iTunes, and under the Movies and Photos tabs, make sure that Sync is actually checked. The photos and movies on your phone should now be copied into the iTunes folder on your laptop the next time you sync the device. That's how it's been working on my computer anyways...

Thanks heaps for the reply :)
I gave it a try but couldnt locate an itunes folder? Im quite technology challenged so I might have another go...

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
plug your phone into itunes and once its synced and all done backing up open up iphoto and import everything from your camera roll onto iphoto its so easy and fast.

efn77mx

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks heaps for the reply :)
I gave it a try but couldnt locate an itunes folder? Im quite technology challenged so I might have another go...

Are you using a Windows (and which version) or an Apple laptop?

Windows: Start button>Music>iTunes>iTunes Media (this is the default location where your iTunes libraries are stored)

Apple: Do as Infiniti7 suggested because I don't have an Apple computer :-(

serajade

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a Windows (and which version) or an Apple laptop?

Windows: Start button>Music>iTunes>iTunes Media (this is the default location where your iTunes libraries are stored)

Apple: Do as Infiniti7 suggested because I don't have an Apple computer :-(

Hiya, Im using windows, the one after vista. Not sure what its called.
I followed the instructions, but my itunes media had my songs and pics, but I couldnt see any vids that I had recorded on my iphone?

serajade

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
plug your phone into itunes and once its synced and all done backing up open up iphoto and import everything from your camera roll onto iphoto its so easy and fast.

Where do I find the iphoto folder on my laptop? I synced and backed everything up but still cant find my vids?

cdbeshore

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
A quick workaround is to download the drop box app and sign up for a drop box account. Install it in your phone and your PC/Mac, then you can go in it from the app and upload to a folder and it will download to your PC/Mac. Obviously, the speed will depend on the size of the video, but if you are really needing to get at the videos it will work. Works the same with pictures.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
When you connect your iPhone to you Windows computer, go to my computer and you iPhone should show up under portable devices keep double-clicking the folders until you get to the thumbnails for your pictures

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Elaborating on rayz336, if you're on windows, you don't need dropbox or itunes to get photos and videos off your iphone. From my computer or windows explorer, you should see the iphone when its connected to the computer. The only directory inside the iphone you can see is the DCIM folder, which just happens to be where all photos and videos are stored. The photos and videos will be inside of a folder one level down from DCIM. That folder will have a nonsense name.

sirturque

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Going to Computer\... iPhone\Internal Storage\DCIM\860OKMZO in Windows was the only way I could find my pictures or videos. Going to the iTunes folder did not work. Using iTunes did not work.

Babu Gurung

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
really i cant send that video which i put from other computer now i cant plug other computer i can watch that video that save in movies but i cant send wats the problem plz somebody help me

Alexandre Clark

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I know this is very late but you can get a application called iExplorer on both Mac and PC and you can automatically sync all of your videos from your iDevice straight to computer.

Hope this helps if you still need the answer..

kimian111

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Of course, it's probably easier now than when this was posted. But just click on My Computer>iPhone then right click on Internal Storage and select Import Photos and Videos.
Done.

SophiaLina

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
1. Connect your iOS device to your computer. If the AutoPlay window appears, click "Import Pictures and Videos using Windows," then skip to step 4. If the "Import Pictures and Video" dialog appears, skip to step 4. If the AutoPlay dialog doesn't appear, you might need to check your settings.
2. Choose Start > Computer.
3. Right-click the logo for your device and click "Import pictures and videos."
4. Click Import Settings.
5. Click the Browse button by the "Import to" field and choose where to import your Camera Roll's photos. By default, these will import to the My Pictures folder.
6. Select "Always erase from device after copying."
If you delete photos after you import them, you can reduce the size of your Camera Roll and improve backup and restore times.
If you want to import the photos to additional computers, don't select this option.
If you don't want Windows to delete photos from your camera on subsequent imports, remember to come back here and deselect this option when you're finished.
7. After setting your import options, click OK to dismiss the window.
8. Choose a tag, if desired, and click Import. This screen appears only while the import process is active.
9. After the import is complete, Windows Photo Gallery will show your photos and videos in Recently Imported.
If some of your photos didn't import from your device's Camera Roll, you can copy the photos to your computer using Windows Explorer or import the photos using software such as Windows Live Photo Gallery or Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 or later.

comeinhandy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
With the latest IOS 8,9 and the iCloud Photo Library option turned on in settings you will no longer get your photos and movies appearing in explorer when connected to the PC. I made a video to explain the options available for moving videos and pictures to and from the PC for the latest iOS. Search for "comeinhandynow icloud" and you will find it.