Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

5 Posts

Default Managing multiple pop3 mail boxes - and signatures

Has anyone figured out how to have specific signatures for multiple mailboxes? I've running multiple pop3 mailboxes on my iPad, but only see the ability to natively support a single signature. I'm contemplating moving from Blackberry to iPhone, but would like a signature for my work email, as well as different signatures for my personal mailboxes. Blackberry/Verizon solved this year's ago. Why is Apple so behind them?

Are there quality 3rd party work arounds? I'm not intersted in jailbreaking.

Thanks in advance!
    iMore Genius

10,934 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

For multiple signatures, the only solution comes with a jailbreak, I'm afraid.
    iMore Beginner

80 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,462 Global Posts

Yup, I too had the same issue...I jailbroke just to be able to do that as well as have multiple profiles (currently there is no way to keep all alerts silent and have the phone ring out). However, I updated to iOS5 and that does come with keyboard shortcuts - I've setup my email signatures to be populated when I type "sig"....it only works if you use simple text though, so if you use HTML in your signatures, you are out of luck unless you jailbreak. Just so you know, when I was using 4.2.8 and jailbroken, I was using Mail Enhancer and it worked great (similar experience to bb for email signatures).