Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By davjaxn
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Default iphone backup file question

Hey,
    when you do a backup while plugged into itunes,where does it go? I started looking for it on my hard drive and can't find it.

thanks.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

Let me help you out...

3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Sorry.........
    iMore Newbie

So was your question answered or did you figure it out on your own?

Just in case the backup normally lands in a hidden folder on your computer, you can erase it using itunes. If anything google is very helpful with specific information like that.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

If yo are using a Mac, gig will find the iPhone backup burried in th library folder. Look here:
    /Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

And don't be sorry about not looking it up in google first. I mean, almost everything (including opinions) that is discussed here on these message boards can be found by doing a google search. But that is not the point of the forums. The point here is to interact, discuss and learn.
    gregs87 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by davjaxn View Post
    If yo are using a Mac, gig will find the iPhone backup burried in th library folder. Look here:
    /Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

And don't be sorry about not looking it up in google first. I mean, almost everything (including opinions) that is discussed here on these message boards can be found by doing a google search. But that is not the point of the forums. The point here is to interact, discuss and learn.
    No offense was meant with the mention of google, just a suggestion. Perhaps having done the search could have helped him with a solution and he could have posted it, as to help other people in the same situation. The main point being a search won't hurt the forum only help it. But its good to see at least someone posted something helpful.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by wHoKares View Post
    No offense was meant with the mention of google, just a suggestion. Perhaps having done the search could have helped him with a solution and he could have posted it, as to help other people in the same situation. The main point being a search won't hurt the forum only help it. But its good to see at least someone posted something helpful.
    Excellent point!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

I just downloaded and installed itunes 10.5. I also downloaded the IOS 5 GM for the Iphone 4 cdma. When I plug in to Itunes with my phone, it says "Itunes could not backup the Iphone because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the Iphone" Any thoughts because I would like to have IOS 5 today but I don't want to completely wipe my phone and not have a backup.

I forgot to mention that I am using Itunes 10.5 through windows XP.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Yes wHokares, my questions was answered.. Thanks everyone for your input. i will search other places first before posting..