Caseless iPhone 4's- a year later. Post your pics!

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I am very interested in those of you who have had an iPhone 4 for a year (or so, less in the case of the white) and never used a case. I am wondering what they look like after a year of no-protection. Scratched? Marked up? Cracked? Let's see! I have kept my black iPhone 4 in a case for the last year so it looks like it did when I originally got it but I am thinking of going without a case on my new white iPhone 4S.

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I sold mine fast and no longer can provide pictures but I had some sand and dust get under the top edge of my Otterbox defender case and caused some minor scratching and pitting of the glass. I am going to put my 4S into a reflex case with the open front to try to avoid the same issue with the new phone. I think as long as the phone is not put in a pocket with keys, screws or anything else dumb it will last and look as good as new, I just dont trust myself enough to chance it and the $35 reflex case is cheap insurance!

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I sold mine fast and no longer can provide pictures but I had some sand and dust get under the top edge of my Otterbox defender case and caused some minor scratching and pitting of the glass. I am going to put my 4S into a reflex case with the open front to try to avoid the same issue with the new phone. I think as long as the phone is not put in a pocket with keys, screws or anything else dumb it will last and look as good as new, I just dont trust myself enough to chance it and the $35 reflex case is cheap insurance!

I am with you on not trusting myself. But whenever I take my iPhone out of the case and hold it I think it's a shame to cover such a beautiful thing up with a case. That is why I am wondering what phones look like after a year or so of caselss use. I guess I can also go with a Zagg invisible shield but I used one of those on my white 3G and it turned yellow pretty fast and my new iPhone will be white so it will have that same issue.

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yea after taking mine out of the defender case to clean it I always feel bad putting it back in that huge ugly case! I decided to go the reflex case route after watching every review video on you tube and numerous tweets and emails to Otterbox with question after question! I think it is the best protection with the least covering of the design I have found and it will let me use it while working and still have that feeling of security. I am also looking forward to siri and using my bluetooth to answer and receive incoming texts not only will it let me multi task better but less touching my phone while covered in PVC primer and cement!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have just a few little scratches on the bottom around the 30-pin connector and a couple of "marks" around the volume buttons/silent switch. No other marks, mars or blemishes.

I removed the Ghost Armor film on the front after about 2 months... and recently have put it in CaseMate barely there case - probably a month ago or so... otherwise, I rolled mostly commando.

Last edited:

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm just really careful with iPhone 4. I never even thought about going with a case or bumper. It looks the same as the day I took it out of the box.