Who's keeping their iPhone 4?

anon(4718837)

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Let's hear it from the folks like me, locked into contracts with their iPhone 4s and actually okay with it. Yeah, I've had my AT&T iPhone 4 for a year and three weeks, now, and it's no longer the "best." But, it's still plenty good for me! It does everything I need it to - in fact, it's kind of scary how much I rely on it...:p

This is actually the first phone I've gotten and stuck with it. I used to switch phones every six months, literally. I've had a Motorola Razr, a Samsung SGH-A727, LG Shine, Samsung BlackJack II, Samsung Jack, BlackBerry Bold 9000, BlackBerry Bold 9700, and finally, my iPhone 4. This is by far the best phone I've ever owned.

That being said, come February 25th (my upgrade eligibility date), I see a 64gb white 4S in my future. ;) The 4 will be sticking around, though. I trust it too much to sell it. :D

I'm staying with my iP4. I bought mine Dec of 2010. It's the first phone I've ever had that I have no problem with keeping for two whole years. I'm still loving it!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I've only had the 4 since January (I was waiting for the white one...stupid i know) and then recently my iphone had a problem so i returned it to the apple store, they replaced it for a brand new one and I thought...wonder how much i can get on ebay. It sold for $420 so now im going to go get the iphone 4s for less then $30 (not including tax, but still!) Because im not eligible for an upgrade...so 16gb is $449 for me.

I would've stayed with my 4 if this didnt happen though. I had my 3G for over 2 years.

mr.saving

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I've had my iPhone 4 for maybe a month. I bought it brand new off Craigslist and I love it! I am torn tho about getting the iPhone 4S. On one hand,I want the A5 and the 8mp camera,it would make my experience better then it currently is.

On the other hand,I was really looking forward to a new design. I may still get the new iPhone,but I'll wait to see what issues come up with it. Could be a nice gift to buy myself come tax return time :)

gregorypleau

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
As a typical Canadian I'm on a 3 Year contract with TELUS. The 4S is a nice piece of hardware all right, but I just can't justify the cost of an unlocked/off contract 4S when my 4 is working so well for me right now. I'm also in the camp of having two 4's in the household which would have to be upgraded at the same time .....

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
well my personal and honest opinion is that if you wat the new features the you can go for the new iphone 4s, I mean if suppose you are interested in a higher and better camera and a high data rate then you should go for the new iphone otherwise you should stay at the iphone 4. Because there are few main features included only.

I personally have my iphone 4 and its working very well and there is no as such problem in the iphone 4, and I never feel to have a higher camera and and a high data rate so i am ok with my own iphone 4 for the time being.:cool:

Grafixx01#IM

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had my iPhone4 swapped out 7 times already due to various reasons (speaker, camera, screen, headphone jack, etc) but the last one I got seems to be working ok. I've only had it for a little while, like 3 weeks so who knows, with my luck, it'll probably crap out.

I just can't see myself spending another $200+ on another iPhone right now with how everything is looking economically. Hopefully it'll last but who knows.

Grafixx01#IM

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Let the dogs have it!

Begone, black iPhone!

That's funny! My beagle ate my step-daughters phone because she left it on the couch. We warned her but she didn't listen.

Personally though, I don't care what color it is... Black, White, etc... I like the ColorWare thing for the BlackBerries that I used to own because you can get different color parts to customize your phone. I wish Apple would do that for the iPhone and allow for an extended battery to be put it as well. That'd be awesome!

Grafixx01#IM

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
ColorWare has iPhones. I almost got a red one but couldn't afford it. :(

They do? I'll have to look into that. It's not a big deal to me though what color it is since the iPhone4 has stayed in an OtterBox Defender all the time anyway. I don't take it out but to clean it.

I have it in the case because of the screen. When I owened BlackBerries, they weren't in the OtterBoxes all the time.

OutSpoken

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm out of contract, was considering the 4S but I'm slowly coming to my senses:D My 4 is more than enough for me right now. The speed bump would be nice, as well as snappier camera but id rather save my money to put towards the iPhone 5.

A siri hack would be nice though.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that makes me want to upgrade is Siri. I've played with it once in the store and I must admit it is cooler than I thought it was. My upgrade isn't until February, but I think I will just save it for the next iPhone hoping that it will be a new design. For me, the same design was a killer, I mean I love the iPhone design, but not enough for me to pay all that money to upgrade early, and by the time February comes, I'll have what, 7 more months? And you never know, I read somewhere that the reason this iPhone was so late had something to do with Siri, maybe iPhone 5 will come out in June, normal time (doubtful) and then everyone here will be sorry that they upgraded early if they got a new awesome design. My iPhone 4 is enough for me for now, it will last me until the next one

I might just have to go to the store and play with Siri some more though

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
The only thing making me want to upgrade is Siri and I don't think its worth it for that alone. Going to wait to see what the five offers next year. Hopefully it will be back to the early release cycle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The only thing making me want to upgrade is Siri and I don't think its worth it for that alone. Going to wait to see what the five offers next year. Hopefully it will be back to the early release cycle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know right. I hope apple gets back to a summer release.

redneck86

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Siri is nice but like the some ppl have said.. you will look like a fool talking to yourself in public trying to text/im someone.

The processor is nice but i dont have problems with my iphone unless i have every app running in the bg
on a similar note i kinda wish they had put 1gb of ram instead of 512mb.

I am drawn to the 4s b/c of the duel cellular antennas built in swapping for best reception.
but at the end of the day.. my signal is good enough when it is in otterbox preventing your hand from grounding out on the frame/antenna.

Bottom line: It is a decent upgrade phone and if my contract was out and i had 300 in cash to spend I would get it.

So its gonna be me and my ip4 until like 5/12.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh