Who's keeping their iPhone 4?

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Let's hear it from the folks like me, locked into contracts with their iPhone 4s and actually okay with it. Yeah, I've had my AT&T iPhone 4 for a year and three weeks, now, and it's no longer the "best." But, it's still plenty good for me! It does everything I need it to - in fact, it's kind of scary how much I rely on it...:p

This is actually the first phone I've gotten and stuck with it. I used to switch phones every six months, literally. I've had a Motorola Razr, a Samsung SGH-A727, LG Shine, Samsung BlackJack II, Samsung Jack, BlackBerry Bold 9000, BlackBerry Bold 9700, and finally, my iPhone 4. This is by far the best phone I've ever owned.

That being said, come February 25th (my upgrade eligibility date), I see a 64gb white 4S in my future. ;) The 4 will be sticking around, though. I trust it too much to sell it. :D

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
True. I mean, I can't deny it. I thought the 4S looked amazing, and if I had the money, I'd grab one. But the off-contract price is just astronomical.

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm perfectly fine staying with iPhone 4. Not interested in iPhone 4S. Waiting on the next generation already.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm perfectly fine staying with iPhone 4. Not interested in iPhone 4S. Waiting on the next generation already.

Same here. Siri is nice, but I really don't feel a need to upgrade to better graphics and processing speed; the 4 is more than adequate for my needs. That and the fact that I'm getting a nice OS upgrade in a few days compel me to save my money.

Although I don't really upgrade anything on an annual basis, hardware or software. I generally purchase every other upgrade; for me it seems like a better investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Siri is nice, but how much of a dbag are you going to look like talking to your phone like that? It's not going to be something WIDELY used. It's something I'd use in the car to send a text if needed, maybe move an appointment ( again, while in the car ) but other than that? It's nice, but I think most people will forget about it in a few weeks time and it will be just a faster iPhone 4.

I'm up for an upgrade now, my wife eligible in February. We are waiting until the next model, not because we have to but because the iPhone 4 is still a solid device after 1 year. At the 2 year make it will definitely be showing its age, but until then I think we're ok.

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm keeping mine. Like you I cannot upgrade until 4/4/12. But I love it as much now as the day I got it and am so looking forward to iOS 5!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bro-row

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Keeping my iPhone 4 for sure. I am very happy with it and I have no problem waiting for the 5 with LTE, I hope...

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm keeping mine because I'm stuck on my 3yr contract and just swapped my black iP4 for a white back in may.
The 4s looks like a nice upgrade but im happy with my 4
hopefully rogers will be kind and give me an upgrade in time for the 5

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm keeping my 4 for now. The 4s is great but not great enough to get sell my 4. Plus I decided the next iPhone I get I'm going to keep the previous one and make it my "iPod touch". Also, I can't upgrade till 10/12.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm keeping my 4 as well, although I really like the beefed up specs of the iPhone 4S. I just can't justify changing phones right now. My iPhone 4 still works great!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

same here. i'm thinking between iOS 5 and an UnTethered jailbreak should get me by until the iP5, HD or whatever the hell they're gonna call it. i'll have no problem hanging onto my upgrade until then

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Keeping my iPhone 4 .. It's plenty fast enough for me. I never seem to be overcome with anger that my twitter feed takes longer than 2 seconds to load. "Twice as fast" doesn't really seem like a big selling point to me - especially when it looks exactly the same. The improved camera seems nice, but they didn't seem to make any improvements on the front facing camera, which is what I was hoping they would improve. I agree with the d-bag comment talking to your iPhone with Siri. It's a cool feature to have one of those, "Look what my phone can do" moments .. but other than that, meh. Actually touching an app to open it and find out the weather isn't heartbreaking enough to upgrade (or at all).

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I am. I like my iPhone 4 and can't update until March 2012. I can wait and see what happens. I may get it then or leave my account ready for a upgrade in case a new phone I really want comes out.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to go ahead and upgrade. I've got my 4 sold for $300, and I ordered the 16GB i4S for $199 and I'm going to get a new Seidio case and a car charger, so it's a wash, why not?

BigLan

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Passing my 32GB iPhone 4 to the wife. This will be her first smartphone. And with 32GB, she'll be keeping it for a long time :)

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking with the 4 because I can't easily afford the upgrade cost right now, and the 4S isn't enough of an upgrade to make me want to give up on the 4. I still works fine for me. But if I could easily afford to drop $600 on new phones (i can't upgrade without getting one for my wife as well) and I could sell my 32gb 4 for $300 it'd be worth it because that would make the 4S 32Gb net cost only $50 more than the upgrade price, which is a reasonable additional cost for upgrading in less than a year.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR