Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Peligro911
  • 1 Post By ame
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Default will sprint provision VZW iphone 4

Now that the 4s is coming i am sure there will be a number of iPhone 4's available on crags list. I know sprint has a thing about not provisioning other carriers coma phones but will they be willing to do so for older VZW iPhone's? any sprint sales or csr's encouraged to reply please!

No the new iPhone 4 that is being release is 8 gig that's why they drop price to 99 and those will be carrier specific all previous CDMA Verizon iPhone 4 will still be locked to Verizon .. Esn on the phones will be locked to that carriers network even for the iPhones 4 on sprint
    AnimalCrackers likes this.
    ame
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,693 Global Posts

Doubtful. I cannot think of a time where Sprint or VZW ever provisioned someones phone. They want you to switch AND buy their handset
    AnimalCrackers likes this.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Newbie

i broke down and called them to verify and they car i talked to said no Its times like this i wish CDMA had sim cards and unlocked phones
    ame
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    2,693 Global Posts

The only way you could get it to happen is if you worked there, and even then someone above you would eventually undo what you did. They do periodic reviews more often than they like to admit.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts

There is no way to do that because Sprint only uses their esn

"Think Different"
    ~ Steve Jobs ~
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

Sprint, does not allow you to use other carriers with their carrier, therefore unfortionely no.
    Unless you found a way to take the Comm Board out of Verizon's iPhone 4, and put it in a Sprint iPhone 4, which is very unlikely.