4s gsm/cdma worldphone?

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Since it is a single radio world phone 2 questions will those of us on CDMA networks have a Sim in the phone. How would you prevent GSM roaming while in the US. Being on sprint I don't want to get hit up for using ATT or verizons network while home just to get a stinger signal!

uslsbmx

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You probably won't have a sim unless you ask for one before going abroad. I don't think you will experience roaming charges anywhere in the US as well.

uslsbmx

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If there is a problem with sprints roaming there will most certainly be a way to turn it off just like you can turn off data roaming with GSM iPhones.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Since it is a single radio world phone 2 questions will those of us on CDMA networks have a Sim in the phone. How would you prevent GSM roaming while in the US. Being on sprint I don't want to get hit up for using ATT or verizons network while home just to get a stinger signal!

Roaming on GSM while in the US should not be an issue - it may not even have a GSM sim card, if not, no worries there... or if it's like a world BB Tour, you can disable the GSM part unless you're going to use it internationally.

Roaming on Verizon... it's quite likely you will from time to time roam on Verizon - If oy have a Sprint national plan shouldn't cost you anything, because of existing roaming agreements between the two for voice and data - so no worries their either.

danimal1968

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You probably won't have a sim unless you ask for one before going abroad. I don't think you will experience roaming charges anywhere in the US as well.

I know that Blackberry world phones on VZW (and Sprint, I believe) such as the 9630 and 9650 included a SIM card that was essentially inactive unless you enabled world roaming (forget what they called it exactly) on the phone. There was no way to enable GSM roaming within the US.

Conan Kudo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Roaming on GSM while in the US should not be an issue - it may not even have a GSM sim card, if not, no worries there... or if it's like a world BB Tour, you can disable the GSM part unless you're going to use it internationally.

Roaming on Verizon... it's quite likely you will from time to time roam on Verizon - If oy have a Sprint national plan shouldn't cost you anything, because of existing roaming agreements between the two for voice and data - so no worries their either.

Actually, it can cost you to roam on Verizon. One of the terms of accepting Sprint service is that you are imposed a very stingy roaming limit. You are only allowed to use up to 300MB on roaming and 800 minutes of talk time on roaming before Sprint would be within their rights to terminate your contract and assess ETFs. They can do this at their discretion. Also, do not forget that there is a 5GB cap on 3G for Sprint. Once you hit over 5GB, Sprint can terminate your contract and assess ETFs at their discretion. On top of that, you are also throttled to below GPRS speeds (roughly ~10-20Kbps). Sprint's data plans are only unlimited if you are using their WiMAX network.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner