How will this affect Apple ? :(

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
First of , my deepest condolences not only to Steves immediate family but also his "Apple-Family" worldwide. He was the most visionary human being that ever walked on the face of our planet .

How do You think this will affect not only Apple but the tech world.

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
It is sad to see him go so young...
He has already set a high standard for his company. His successors will only continue to make Apple a better company

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
how do you think it will affect apple going forward? continue to dominate and be the powerhouse like they have become? do you think it will effect the masterminds behind the ideas they come up and out with?

INDROIDWETRUST

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
d6289526.jpg

Rip Steve

I think Steve set forth his vision for Apple to continue and maintain the excellence of producing innovating products that Tim Cook will surely continue...

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I think the company will be fine in the near term. (1-2 years) After that it's anybody's guess.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
For the near term, there won't be any major effect. But, frankly no CEO of apple will have the power that Jobs did, as the founder and then rescuer of the company from the bad decisions made by those who got rid of him.

Eventually successors will change aspects of corporate culture, and sooner or later they'll miss some big trend again, just like all large tech companies do. How they react then will be the real test.

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
For the near term, there won't be any major effect. But, frankly no CEO of apple will have the power that Jobs did, as the founder and then rescuer of the company from the bad decisions made by those who got rid of him.

Eventually successors will change aspects of corporate culture, and sooner or later they'll miss some big trend again, just like all large tech companies do. How they react then will be the real test.

I agree. No company stays at the top of the tree forever. Apple has such a lead it will take a long time to erode it. I predict no real change for the next 3yrs....

RIP Steve.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.619891,-0.781715

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Steve obviously was OK with Tim Cook as CEO since he recommended him. A board of directors however is something different, they make decisions based purely on profit. I think that's why Steve wanted to join the board to make sure Tim Cook was never axed while he wasn't well enough to man the helm. So as long as Tim is able to remain CEO hopefully he will be able to mitigate the damage their ideas/decisions might bring. It is inevitable just like Bill Gates leaving Microsoft that eventually in the future things will be done that we all know would never have been done under Steve's rule. So really I just have to watch the stock price and prey the products don't suffer in time.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
We all have seen Apple with and without Steve. While I think short term Apple will do just fine, I am more concerend about the future and what Apple will bring to tha table , lets say 5 years from now.

I hope Im wrong but I dont thing Cook can fit the shoes and bring products to the market that will make consumers excited , but also get the competition to work harder on their products. If iPhone 4S is any indication of where Apple is headed, Im afraid we're doomed :(

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Remember what happened last time Steve left (fired) Apple?

They nearly closed up shop if it wasn't for a generous donor (Microsoft)

Apple has a really well established market of people that will only buy apple no matter what it is or how terrible it may be. Will they continue to grow? Only the market will show that.

My guess is? They'll stop growing at the rate that they have, getting smaller gains, scaring investors off, fire-selling off their stock. They'll loose money.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
They had two total moron CEOs when Jobs was fired...big difference between the Apple culture then and now.

Exactly. With or without Jobs at the helm, he has left his legacy within the culture of Apple. Tim Cook may not be as polished at presentations as Steve was, but he was Steve's hand-picked successor. Apple management is all a part of his "culture". Apple will be fine in the short term. The biggest question at this point is "who is the visionary now?".

When Jobs was forced out 15-20 years ago, Apple was struggling to find its way. When he came back, he brought direction and purpose to the company. Apple is no longer struggling, and they have found their way. Remember, it's easier to keep a train moving than it is to get it moving.

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I think Apple has been gearing up for this eventuality since 2009. I think they've most likely been setting things up behind the scenes to make the transition as smooth as it could possibly be and with as little disruption to the long term plans. I think, from a business stand point at least, the timing is unfortunate. His passing right after the reveal of the iPhone 4S gives media outlets looking to paint a doom and gloom scenario to draw headlines a convenient target and storyline. If the initial feeling of disappointment towards the iPhone 4S hangs around, it'll be easy to blame any slower than expected sales on Tim Cook and the absence of Steve Jobs, and give a little more traction to the competition. I believe they have already had the post-Jobs game plan in place even prior to Tim Cook succeeding Steve Jobs. This will be an unfortunate moment in the company, for sure, but iPhone 4S sales will be strong, they'll get another bump when all the speculation for the iPad 3 ramps up, and it'll continue to be business as usual.

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
As sad as it is that he has passed on (and it is very sad), I feel like he left a big enough legacy, and I'm sure plenty of ideas, that they can continue on just fine without him. Of course, when it comes to actual brand new devices, they may be lacking without his unique vision, but I'm sure they'll find someone who will do a good job. Apple are definitely not down and out, they are currently unstoppable it seems like. I think if the iPhone 5 (or whatever will come after the 4S) does not sell well or get a good reaction from the public, then we know that they're having problems. But in the short term, I think they'll be just fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2