Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Expert

Default Calendar Reminders Not Working?

Whenever i set a calendar reminder the alert never goes off? what could be going on?
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Do you have calendar alerts turned on under Settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Expert

yes its turned on
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Expert

So if it says it's turned on and still not working what could it be?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,509 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

in your event details make sure you have your Alert set accordingly 5 minutes before, 10 minutes before, 1 day before etc. etc.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Expert

Why does it have to be 5 10 20 ect mins before? Why can't you just set it at the exact time you want?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,509 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

ok, try "At time of event" within your Alert setting
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Expert

there has to be a reason my alerts are not going off? its on and everything and my sound/ speakers work perfectly fine for every other thing like text music ect
    iPhone Newbie

I am having the same issue with my iPhone 4. I sync with Outlook weekly.
    Black 16GB iPhone 4
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Make sure the mute switch is not set and the volume is turned up. Also make sure there are no headphones or Bluetooth connected.

Check Settings->Sounds->Calendar Alerts

Go to Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Time Zone Support and make sure it's correct.
    Infiniti7 likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

All setting are correct.

There still should be a notification on the lock screen, like a missed call, right?
    Black 16GB iPhone 4
    iPhone Nanite

i had this issue and found the answer was to take my calendar reminders off banners and onto alerts

settings>notifications>calendar>alert style

hope this helps.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Calendar Reminders Not Working?

Calendar alerts vibrate but. No noise

Global Posts
    17,383 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Calendar Reminders Not Working?

Quote Originally Posted by sawalsh View Post
    Calendar alerts vibrate but. No noise
    Verify that your device is not set on silent mode.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I've had this problem on my iphone 5 from day 1. Sat on the phone with Apple for over an hour & didn't solve the problem so they sent me a new phone coz mine was only a few days old & guess what..... It's still doesn't work. It's something I used all the time with my previous iPhones with no problems so I've had to start using the reminders app. Can't understand what the issue is & why it's still not sorted even after all the updates.

Global Posts
    17,383 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by nat750 View Post
    I've had this problem on my iphone 5 from day 1. Sat on the phone with Apple for over an hour & didn't solve the problem so they sent me a new phone coz mine was only a few days old & guess what..... It's still doesn't work. It's something I used all the time with my previous iPhones with no problems so I've had to start using the reminders app. Can't understand what the issue is & why it's still not sorted even after all the updates.
    Make sure the basics are covered:

1. Settings-Notifications Scroll down to "Calendar Alerts" and then select the Alert Tone you want to use OR
    2. Settings-Sounds Scroll down to "Calendar Alerts" and then select the Alert Tone you want to use.
    3. Check the "Do Not Disturbed" times. Settings-Notifications-Do Not Disturb.
    4. Settings-Notifications-Calendar and make sure that the "Alerts" feature is enabled under the "Alert Style" option.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,468 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I can say mine were only randomly working before i got rid of my 4. But that was only a minimal issue lol
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

No headphones or bluetooth? You're kidding right? If the alerts do not work when you are using headphones then there is a major problem. Suggesting this as though it is a fix is a really sad. I know it is not your fault, but how about saying this "Sometimes it doesn't work when you have headphones connected which is a problem for Apple.
    iPhone Nanite

I have an iphone 5 and I was just having the same problem. The ringer was working but everything else was silent (vibrations still worked). I fixed it by opening the music app and turning the volume up. I guess that's how you can control the volume for everything besides the ringer (the side volume buttons only adjust the ringer volume).

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Make sure the basics are covered:

1. Settings-Notifications Scroll down to "Calendar Alerts" and then select the Alert Tone you want to use OR
    2. Settings-Sounds Scroll down to "Calendar Alerts" and then select the Alert Tone you want to use.
    3. Check the "Do Not Disturbed" times. Settings-Notifications-Do Not Disturb.
    4. Settings-Notifications-Calendar and make sure that the "Alerts" feature is enabled under the "Alert Style" option.
    I find reminder to be buggy sometimes but as long as you follow the above and still have problems like I do sometimes just use your calendar app for important things

Funny if I set a reminder using Siri I never have a problem

Sent from my iPhone 5
    webOS for life

iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

kill them with kindness :-)

Global Posts
    17,383 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    I find reminder to be buggy sometimes but as long as you follow the above and still have problems like I do sometimes just use your calendar app for important things

Funny if I set a reminder using Siri I never have a problem

Sent from my iPhone 5
    I rarely use the native reminder app, but when I did, it worked for me. I like and use Any.Do most of the time, and it gets the job done for me. When iOS 7 drops, however, I will test out the new reminders feature to see if I'll like it. If I do, I'll resort to using it full time, but if not, I'll continue using Any.Do.
    Thanked by:
    kataran (07-18-2013)
    kataran likes this.

I rarely use the native reminder app, but when I did, it worked for me. I like and use Any.Do most of the time, and it gets the job done for me. When iOS 7 drops, however, I will test out the new reminders feature to see if I'll like it. If I do, I'll resort to using it full time, but if not, I'll continue using Any.Do.
    Don't get me wrong the reminder app is OK and will be getting better but there is a small issue some are experiencing but I'm not encouraging anyone to stop using it

I like asking Siri to add items to my shopping list I created and once tried the location setting which worked fairly well

Sent from my iPhone 5
    webOS for life

iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Global Posts
    17,383 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    Don't get me wrong the reminder app is OK and will be getting better but there is a small issue some are experiencing but I'm not encouraging anyone to stop using it

I like asking Siri to add items to my shopping list I created and once tried the location setting which worked fairly well

Sent from my iPhone 5
    Truly, I understand what you're saying and am not trying to contradict you or anything. I apologize if I appeared to have been......As for Siri, it is very useful when you know its capabilities, isn't it?
    kataran likes this.

Truly, I understand what you're saying and am not trying to contradict you or anything. I apologize if I appeared to have been......As for Sire, it is very useful when you know its capabilities, isn't it?
    Not at all your post was spot on my friend I always look forward to your incite

Sent from my iPhone 5
    webOS for life

iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Thanked by:
    JustMe'D (07-18-2013)
    JustMe'D likes this.
    iMore Nanite

When set an alert the no sound at the time sert
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast