Jail break question

hondaman3427

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So I want to jailbreak my IPhone using the jailbreakme site. After I do this how can I delete the Cydia app? And if I do will it "unjailbreak" the phone? Thanks in advance for your help.

hondaman3427

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Why would you want to delete Cydia?

OK. I'll come clean. I bought my son an IPhone...he's in those formative teen years and really running into trouble. I need to access his texts and emails to try to save him from the course he's following. I need to steer him straight. A counselor told me about a program called Spybubble which will allow me to do this. Unfortunately I know you have to jailbreak the phone in ordeer for the program to work. I'm not really looking to add any jailbreak type apps I just want to add this program to the phone.

Please don't anyone judge me. We love our son to death, but we have to know where he is going at all times. We've tried the tough love thing...the caring thing...don't know what else. Just trying this method to maybe get into his head to see where we may be going wrong for him. Again please don't judge me. I hate this worse than anything but I hope it will help. Thanks.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I see...but honestly I don't know if it's possible or not. It's generally advised that you don't try to delete Cydia, but there are apps that make it easy to hide. (SBSettings will let you make the icon disappear.) A bigger issue: if he ever updates the software, you'll lose the jailbreak, along with Cydia and any jailbreak apps you installed. So if that's a likely possibility you might want to find another way of keeping tabs on his texts/emails. Good luck!

hondaman3427

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So if I do delete the app the jailbreak is gone? I assume that you could delete it like any other app on the IPhone. Sorry for these stupid questions but I'm just naive. I have an IPhone but it's not jailbroken.

Also, if I use the other app that hides the icon, where is it hidden and could it at one point become visible somehow. Thanks again for any help. :(

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
No, the jb will still be intact, but I'm not sure how well jb apps will perform without Cydia installed--a lot of necessary stuff gets installed when you install Cydia. And again, if he updates in iTunes whenever new software is released, you'll lose the jailbreak when Apple updates the phone.

Honestly, I don't think trying to hide the jailbreak will work in the long run...

hondaman3427

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So if I just hide the Cydia app how likely is it for him to stumble on? I mean he's not into tech stuff at all. Mostly art, cars and things he shouldn't be. Thanks.

hondaman3427

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I saw an app on youtube called poof...any thoughts? It looks like the only way he could stumble on the cydia app was if he did a search for it. Thanks again.

dkarate

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
If jailbroke every iPhone I've had (4 of them) and never had a problem. I'd do what the other user said and use icon hide. There is a chance he could discover it but as far as I know it would be your best bet to do what you want to do.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner