Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Peligro911
  • 1 Post By ryanlawrence171
  • 1 Post By Slyfi
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

36 Posts

Default strange iphone 4 battery issue.

hi guyz i have a iphone 4 running on 4.3.5 , the issue i am facing is that ,i keep my phone on wall charger in night ,and when i wake up in morning its around 95% charged.so i tested it and found out that it charges upto 100%,and then starts to lose charge while still on the wall charger. i updated my phone , restored from itunes and tried everythn. so now my question is that is it normal for iphone 4 to do so? will it stop charging when it reaches 100%. i am asking this because this only happens if i keep it on charge for more then 8 hours. if less then that it vl be still 100%. plz reply n help me out here. thanks.

I charge mine the same n it's always 100 r u using the official charger it came with ?
    drarif likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

35 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

If You using duplicate charger then possible that.... you have to contact your nearest iPhone store. They will definitely solve this problem..
    drarif likes this.
    TiPb Forum Staff

700 Posts
    Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

There is no issue here... The phone protects itself from over charge, in fact, most lithium ion batteries do.

When the phone detects that it has reached full charge it self disconnects from the power source, this improves the life of the battery. once it reaches 94% charge it kicks back in till it reaches 100%.

Don't worry its not your cable and its not your phone or its software (well it is but not in a bad way). If you feel the need to take it to an Apple store they will tell you the same (maybe with some fancier phrasing).
    drarif likes this.