strange iphone 4 battery issue.

drarif

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
hi guyz i have a iphone 4 running on 4.3.5 , the issue i am facing is that ,i keep my phone on wall charger in night ,and when i wake up in morning its around 95% charged.so i tested it and found out that it charges upto 100%,and then starts to lose charge while still on the wall charger. i updated my phone , restored from itunes and tried everythn. so now my question is that is it normal for iphone 4 to do so? will it stop charging when it reaches 100%. i am asking this because this only happens if i keep it on charge for more then 8 hours. if less then that it vl be still 100%. plz reply n help me out here. thanks.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
There is no issue here... The phone protects itself from over charge, in fact, most lithium ion batteries do.

When the phone detects that it has reached full charge it self disconnects from the power source, this improves the life of the battery. once it reaches 94% charge it kicks back in till it reaches 100%.

Don't worry its not your cable and its not your phone or its software (well it is but not in a bad way). If you feel the need to take it to an Apple store they will tell you the same (maybe with some fancier phrasing).

Reactions: drarif

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods