home button problems??

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,
do any of you have issues with your home button not working properly? like maybe after having it for almost a year? i have been reading alot about many people with this problem and its a worry of mine :confused:

thanks.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I got mine replaced from the Apple store near me for the same problem. I'd schedule for the genius bar and have them look at it.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
thanks.. but Sean says it will just happen again. and I've read many, many people have same issue and their new models do it also. sounds like a major flaw in the phone no?

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone i know around me hasn't had problems with the home button except me. (i understand that is a small base compared to all users). Nor has my new one acted up..... yet *knocks on wood*
Either way, I'd rather go through a couple weeks/months of not having to put up with a home button that doesn't work.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
thanks.. but Sean says it will just happen again. and I've read many, many people have same issue and their new models do it also. sounds like a major flaw in the phone no?

I do not believe it is a major flaw with the iPhone. True complaints about it do pop up on forums like these every now and then, however, we don't even hear from a fraction of the people that own an iPhone who aren't having any issues with theirs. I've had the iPhone for 2 years now and there has never been an issue with the home button on my 3GS or my iPhone 4. As was mentioned if you did happen to have an issue with it Apple will simply replace the iPhone with a working one for you.....Keep in mind that there are always going to issues with phones from time to time, but if you let all the things that "could" or "might" happen worry you, you'll never enjoy your iPhone.

Aronface#IM

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone's home button doesn't really click like most of them do, but thats probably due to the fact that it's custom/front and back panel have been removed before. Does your homebutton just not work at all?

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I used some rubbing alcohol on the button and it works perfectly now!! The issue is clearly hardware, not software I guess dust and dirt from having it in your pocket builds up after awhile.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR