Backup text messages to computer

janedo1586

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I need to save some text messages from my iPhone 4 to my iMac. Is there a program I can use to pull the messages from my phone and then read them on my computer and maybe even print them? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

swfreeman

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
There is a direct but slow way. Go to Messages, select a conversation, select Edit, click each bubble and then select Forward to email the messages anywhere you wish.

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I know your messages back up to the computer everytime you sync to iTunes. I don't know how to read them or anything like that on your computer.

B

bonesb

I need to save some text messages from my iPhone 4 to my iMac. Is there a program I can use to pull the messages from my phone and then read them on my computer and maybe even print them? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Missing Sync by Mark/Space

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

There's an app called PhoneView that can copy your messages to your phone via pdf. It 19.99 but they give you a free trial also.

sierra13777

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Phone View is great...

I download both of the above mentioned programs and PhoneView is far superior. it's faster, and has a much friendlier interface. you can select a contact and make a pdf of just them and it's easy to read, bubbles and all! the Missing sync app makes the documents as excel files with slightly confusing arrangements and it takes forever. i much prefer phone view. so i went through and saved all the ones i wanted and yes, the iphone can then receive. the new rule is 75,000 texts and under, it sounds like a lot but can fill up quick so i'd recommend getting rid of everything (after backing it all up) and starting clean. hope this helps...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234