Dials a 1 before area code can't text

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Why can't you delete the 1?

Cellular phones don't require the 1 + area code for domestic long distance. It's handled within the carrier's infrastructure, and all you need is the area code.

You can also insert the "+" (plus sign) in front of the 1 which will then only use it for international long distance (also, go to SETTINGS / PHONE and enable International Assist).

So you can either remove the 1 in front of each area code OR add a plus sign in front of the 1 if you leave it.

Travelin4fun

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Why can't you delete the 1?

Cellular phones don't require the 1 + area code for domestic long distance. It's handled within the carrier's infrastructure, and all you need is the area code.

You can also insert the "+" (plus sign) in front of the 1 which will then only use it for international long distance (also, go to SETTINGS / PHONE and enable International Assist).

So you can either remove the 1 in front of each area code OR add a plus sign in front of the 1 if you leave it.

I've tried bith your suggestions. I even retype the number and it automaticly adds the +1 to the number. The+ sign is in front of all of the !'s before area codes. It's very frustrating! anyother suggestions anyone. I'm ready to throw this smart phone into a meltdown pile and get a pager!!LOL

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Did you recently port the number from another carrier? I think I recall that happening to me when I went from Verizon to AT&T (and it wasn't even an iPhone).

Thibaul

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Most of the local area that involves western Washington is out of the metropolitan portion of King, Pierce, as well as areas of Snohomish together with Bainbridge Isle. These were formerly the section of 206 area code. 360 area code appeared to be one of the initial area codes that was without N1X or simply N0X version. In other words The second digit of the area code has not been 0 or maybe 1.

Please see link for more details : areacode360.org 360

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2