Weird issue in iphone 4

shujaat

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

This problem is discussed in many forums and in many threads in this forum. But I have a very different situation. I purchased a iphone 4 locked to AT&T. I unlocked it using gevey sim and then jailbreak it using jailbreakme.com. It was running 4.3.3 and BB 04.10.01.

After all this I tried to call someone and found out that ear piece is not working. I searched it on different forums and some people suggested that a clean restore can fix this. So I updated my phone to 4.3.5. and to bypass the activation screen, i again jailbreak it using redsnow, though its tethered. unlock works perfect even better than 4.3.3, jailbreak, installous, cydia everything is working fine but still ear piece is not working.

I checked it using voice memo, recorded some voice played it on speaker, I hear the voice but when I tap the speaker button to direct it to another speaker, nothing happens, i mean i cant hear anything.

I checked ear phone port for any dirt, inserted and pulled out the ear phone's pin a few times, applied every proposed solution available on web but in vain.

I have also read somewhere that ear piece stops working after jail breaking. Has any incident happened like this before? But I can't bypass activation screen without jail breaking.

Any body please suggest something. Or Do i need to replace the ear peice?

TIA

shujaat

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Its not water damaged, I checked the indicators, these are white. Yeah I bought it used and unlocked using gevey sim. And for gevey sim to work we need jail break, so I couldn't check if ear piece was working when it wasn't jail broken. and now have updated to 4.3.5, and to bypass the activation screen, I need to jailbreak it.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions, I am taking it the tech guys. They will check, whats the problem.

I will update this thread when solved.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2