Right now I have unlimited data on my BlackBerry, will I still have it for iPhone?

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Doubtful. I hear that when you upgrade you will will have to pay for data...only get to keep what you have with existing equipment....

Sent from my iPad

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
When I upgrade will I be eligible and grandfathered into to unlimited data?

If you want peace of mind just call your carrier's CS or just stop into one of the stores and they will be able assist you but as stated above yes, you will be grandfathered in and be able to keep your unlimited plan....for now.

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You all good, my son just upgraded from his BB 9650 to anip4 and he still has his unlimited.. They told him if he moved to a feature phone he would lose it, but from smart phone to smart phone you keep it.

Enjoy your iphone, i know i did after i made the switch..

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
As long as you keep a smartphone active on the line. There used to be a delegate feature code for a BB vs. Any other smartphone...not anymore. I went from an iPhone 4 to a Bold 9930 back to an iPhone 4 without problems with keeping my unlimited data.

smmullen

Aug 31, 2011
www.endgamepr.com
I'm glad I read this. I thought I would be losing my unlimited data when my wife and switch from our Palm Pre+'s to iPhones. I *am* bummed I'll have to start paying for my mobile hotspot, though.

CD1X

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
2 weeks ago...I went from my 4G Thunderbolt to an iPhone 4 using my annual upgrade. My plan DID NOT change....just the phone. I too have unlimited Data :)

realdealio

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Are they able to change this at any time after you get another contract? I have had unlimited but to have it for another 2 years even with the carriers' distaste for it?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Every time I have spoken with CS about the unlimited plan I have been told it will remain unless I drop the plan off my account (go with a non smartphone). I will say though if you have been a long time customer with Verizon and for some odd reason you do find yourself having to drop your data for even a week or two make the call to Verizon CS. I was faced with that situation and they put in a special request to have my unlimited data plan frozen for me.

I was returning my outgoing smartphone and had to wait for a suitable replacement to be available on Verizon, well what I wanted wasn't coming soon enough so I settled on something for the time being. The good news is my request was granted and it is possible but be sure you cover your bases.

The big question is will Verizon follow AT&T and start throttling the "heavy" users who have unlimited data in the future?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Every time I have spoken with CS about the unlimited plan I have been told it will remain unless I drop the plan off my account (go with a non smartphone). I will say though if you have been a long time customer with Verizon and for some odd reason you do find yourself having to drop your data for even a week or two make the call to Verizon CS. I was faced with that situation and they put in a special request to have my unlimited data plan frozen for me.

I was returning my outgoing smartphone and had to wait for a suitable replacement to be available on Verizon, well what I wanted wasn't coming soon enough so I settled on something for the time being. The good news is my request was granted and it is possible but be sure you cover your bases.

The big question is will Verizon follow AT&T and start throttling the "heavy" users who have unlimited data in the future?

They already said they will throttle the top 5%. That has been going on for months now.Verizon to throttle data speeds for heaviest users | Apple - CNET News

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Are they able to change this at any time after you get another contract? I have had unlimited but to have it for another 2 years even with the carriers' distaste for it?

If they changed it in the middle of your contract, you'd be released from your contract and free to go to another carrier so that's unlikely.

There's nothing to stop them from eventually deciding not to give anyone unlimited data anymore though and saying next time you renew, it's gone. It hasn't happened yet, but it's not impossible.

drexx

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Glad i found this thread I am going to use my Wifes upgrade and goign to go from IP4 to SG2 and was making sure i can keep my unlim data. Thanks for all this info :)