factory unlock iphone on vodafone egypt

fayek

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
hi there, i was wondering if there was a way i could factory unlock my locked iphone 4 that i bought from vodafone egypt.
the problem with buying the iphone from egyp is that you pay the full price of the device (and then some) but you still get it locked. you dont buy it with a plan or contract or anything but it's still locked. and i was fine with it but now i will be moving to canada and i wanted to know if there was a way i could factory unlock it. ive asked a couple of people and they tell me vodafone doesnt offer an unlock service (as in, pay some extra money and get it factory unlocked through them) i'll go to the branch and ask there just in case.
is there a way i could do it in an international level, by which i mean go somewhere pay a certain fee and get my iphone unlocked. i found a bunch of websites claming to be legit but of course i dont trust these things unless a few reliable people tell me it's legit.
anyways hope someone can help me out here. if i cant unlock it then im gonna have to sell it and get a new one when i get to canada. and it's a hastle plus id rather not sell it since this iphone was a special gift given to me on a very special occasion. so it has sentimental value.

thank you.
-fayek.

EDIT:
forgot to mention i'm running 4.2.1 with baseband 3.10 jailbroken using greenpois0n RC6

Last edited:

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
You will have to purchase a gevey unlock sim. I use it and it's great. Works on any firmware and baseband. Buy from applenberry.com as they are only ones that sell them and you won't get ripped off. The supremes are useless don't buy those get the ultra. There is no option to unlock by software. Just google and YouTube how gevey works

fayek

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
yeah we have gevey sold here but im reluctant to buy one to be honest... i dont want to upgrade to iOS5 and find out it stopped working or something and end up with a very expensive ipod.

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Oh it's works on iOs 5 beta 7 !! I'm currently using it on that. IF the baseband is preserved at 4.10.01 using sn0wbreeze. Just don't update baseband to the os 5 baseban f 4.10.04 and preserve at 4.10.01 and it works perfectly

fayek

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
thanks... i'll look more into that :)
can i preserve the baseband while running greenpois0n 4.2.1 OS jailbreak? if i update now i'll go to 4.3.5 and that is a tethered jailbreak.

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
It should work on your current firmware if not, then you will have to update in order to have it unlocked. Did you save your shsh blobs?

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes sell it soon while the value is still high!! You can get around $400-$550USD depending on the condition on my local Craigslist and kijiji!!

fayek

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
yeah i hope i can find a buyer before the end of September (or before the announcement of the iphone 5) whichever comes later. so that i can still get a decent amount of cash out of it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal