Auto Brightness Settings?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone ever experience when you have the auto brightness setting on that sometimes it takes the phone to adjust to the lighting or maybe you want the screen a little darker or lighter and it doesn't adjust the way you want it and you have to manually go in and change it?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
in low light, it actually gets dimmer and in bright light it brightens to the maximum you have it set at. this is done so you can see the screen in bright light settings, such as a sunny day

auto brightness is counter-intuitive. if you do not like using it then just turn it off. battery savings is not that significant

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Give this a try
Set the brightness to around 50%-60% and turn on auto brightness. Then lock and unlock your phone and it should work. I just started to use this feature and it's pretty good I must say. It didn't work on os 4.3.5 for but on os 5 beta 7 it works like a charm.

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I have that problem once in awhile, going to try what Jeffrey suggested though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes you need to re-calibrate it. Go into a bathroom/closet (a room with where all light can be turned off and no windows). Turn the Auto Brightness off and then change the brightness to be its lowest point. Then turn Auto back on. Flip the room lights on and you should see the brightness slider move to the right as it auto adjusts.

This is what I did and it works great. Just go into a dimly lit room, turn auto brightness off and recalibrate the setting.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro