Using iPod on your iPhone and text messaging?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know why sometimes when you listen to your iPod on your phone and a text message comes in through your head phones why sometimes the music fades out (quiets down) so you can hear the text message alert and other times the music just plays louder than the text message alert and you can't hear the message or the alert (like the song doesn't quiet for the alert to play)

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i just cant seem to understand why the music in your ipod/pandora sometimes fades out so you can hear the text message alert and other times it does not. if it doesnt its like you almost cant hear the text message noise come in.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Text Message Alerts While Using Ipod on Iphone

How come when i have my ipod playing on my iphone and a text message comes in sometimes the music fades out real quick so i can hear the text message sound and other times the music keeps playing loud and over plays the text message alert sound so i cant hear it when i receive a text message? its does not always fade out and quiet the music when a message comes in. why is that? anybody experience this? thanks

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Somebody's gotta have an idea or has used their iPod on their phone while a text message alert has come in while a song was playing no?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I believe mine always fades for SMS alerts--any chance that some of what you think are SMS alerts are other tones such as new email, etc.?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't why it wouldn't be consistent with the fades and volume control when your iPod is playing and you receive and text message

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Simple. When youre listening to the iPod, put the phone on vibrate via the switch. It'll still vibrate for texts and whatnot but not interrupt your music.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Well I like hearing the alert text message noise when a song is playing so why does it sometimes fade and other times not really? Is it my phone or just the way the phone works?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I called apple and they said that it was a software glitch. Does that sound accurate? Could that even be possible? Anyone experience Glitches with their iPhones?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
well if i restarted my phone and everything went back to normal and when i called apple they said it was a bug/ things happen to the phone sometimes are they right? have any of you experienced glitches/bugs with their iphones? is it normal for glitches with the iphone?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2