Verizons 3G Safari/Internet Problems?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
anyone experience verizons 3G internet/email not working sometimes saying "safari stopped responding" and the email stopped working. happened to me last night and then this morning everything seems to be back to normal. dunno what happened last night if it was my iphone/hardware issue or verizons problem? what do ya think?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
step 1) never blame VZW for network issues. they are for more superior then other networks

step 2) refer to step 1

side note: it might help if you let others know what area you are in?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
well if its working fine now how could it be anything else but the network. what could it be then? i am in Springfield Missouri

muzikmyke

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed something similar

I don't think I've had that problem with my safari not working, but email definitely stalls out sometimes. What I've always done to fix the problem is to kill all the running apps. For whatever reason I think that some of the other apps that use data, somehow interfere with the mail app being able to keep a constant connection with exchange. So the second all the apps that are running in the background, including the mail app, are killed I'll get a flood of emails come through all at once that got stuck on the server. If I kill all the apps and that still doesn't do it, then i'll do a hard reset on the phone and that will always fix it.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
step 1) never blame VZW for network issues. they are for more superior then other networks

step 2) refer to step 1

side note: it might help if you let others know what area you are in?

smart arse. :)

Might have been a short-term outage due to some issue with infrastructure, or some sort of maintenance - those kind of things do happen to every carrier.

To the OP...

Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings and see if that clears things up

Last edited:

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Well I didnt do anything but reset my phone then i just waited it out and when I woke back up in the morning everything was back to normal running fast smooth and normal. Also last night when I was experiencing this I switched over to the wifi and the web pages would load but when it was on 3G they wouldnt. Does that say anything or tell you it maybe was the VZ network?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Also last night when I was experiencing this I switched over to the wifi and the web pages would load but when it was on 3G they wouldnt. Does that say anything or tell you it maybe was the VZ network?

That does indicate a 3G network issue... they do maintenance late evening/overnight - or if there was an issue, they fix it as soon as a tech can get to a tower site with issues. If you see it again, try a power cycle, or the reset procedure noted above.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My friend has a Verizon iPhone as well and he said he was not experiencing any problems. So does that mean it was me and my phone or just because he didnt have a problem doesn't mean I won't and it still can be the 3G network? Could it still be Verizon even if I was having trouble and he wasn't? And my 3G has been working flawlessly today no problems. What do you think?

My results from the speed test were

1.58mbps 0.68mbps 122ms

Are those good numbers? Slow or fast?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Was your friend in the same room with you at the same time you were having problems? That would be about the only way to know it might be your phone and not the network.

Speed test looks normal... occasionally, stuff happens... don't dwell on it unless it becomes a frequent issue, then - take it in to an Apple or Verizon - preferably when it's acting up - and they'll let you know what your options are.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
No he wasn't in the same room I just asked him randomly during the day at one point and said has your safari been working. That's all. How can you tell if the speed is normal or not. Everything is working now so I assume everything is ok

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So overall from what I have told you, it's the Verizon 3G network which sometimes can act up/be slow and nothing is wrong with my phone or hardware and I shouldnt worry correct?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73