08-26-2011 08:30 PM
- anyone experience verizons 3G internet/email not working sometimes saying "safari stopped responding" and the email stopped working. happened to me last night and then this morning everything seems to be back to normal. dunno what happened last night if it was my iphone/hardware issue or verizons problem? what do ya think?08-26-2011 11:54 AM
- I don't think I've had that problem with my safari not working, but email definitely stalls out sometimes. What I've always done to fix the problem is to kill all the running apps. For whatever reason I think that some of the other apps that use data, somehow interfere with the mail app being able to keep a constant connection with exchange. So the second all the apps that are running in the background, including the mail app, are killed I'll get a flood of emails come through all at once that got stuck on the server. If I kill all the apps and that still doesn't do it, then i'll do a hard reset on the phone and that will always fix it.08-26-2011 02:05 PM
Might have been a short-term outage due to some issue with infrastructure, or some sort of maintenance - those kind of things do happen to every carrier.
To the OP...
Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings and see if that clears things up
Last edited by kch50428; 08-26-2011 at 02:28 PM.08-26-2011 02:25 PM
- Well I didnt do anything but reset my phone then i just waited it out and when I woke back up in the morning everything was back to normal running fast smooth and normal. Also last night when I was experiencing this I switched over to the wifi and the web pages would load but when it was on 3G they wouldnt. Does that say anything or tell you it maybe was the VZ network?08-26-2011 02:33 PM
- 08-26-2011 02:49 PM
- My friend has a Verizon iPhone as well and he said he was not experiencing any problems. So does that mean it was me and my phone or just because he didnt have a problem doesn't mean I won't and it still can be the 3G network? Could it still be Verizon even if I was having trouble and he wasn't? And my 3G has been working flawlessly today no problems. What do you think?
My results from the speed test were
1.58mbps 0.68mbps 122ms
Are those good numbers? Slow or fast?08-26-2011 04:51 PM
- Was your friend in the same room with you at the same time you were having problems? That would be about the only way to know it might be your phone and not the network.
Speed test looks normal... occasionally, stuff happens... don't dwell on it unless it becomes a frequent issue, then - take it in to an Apple or Verizon - preferably when it's acting up - and they'll let you know what your options are.08-26-2011 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD