iPhone 4 not backing up
I am having an issue with an iPhone 4 not backing up to the hard drive. It tells me that the hard drive does not have enough space even though there is 273 GB free.
I had the problem and I thought I resolved it because I did a restore and set everything back to default and then it did the backup for a couple days. Now it's back to giving me the message and not backing up.
Anyone with any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
- 08-17-2011, 01:59 AM #2iPhone Newbie
- 38 Posts
I don't think it's the iPhone 4 causing the trouble, I think it's your computer or specifically iTunes.
Generally, when I have a problem with iTunes I either check for an update (make sure the iTunes on your computer is the most recent version). If that doesn't do it, you could always just reinstall iTunes. This will clear up most problems. Just uninstall iTunes, then go to apple.com and install a fresh copy of the software.
Hope everything works out for you.
- 08-17-2011, 06:23 AM #3
Here is what finally worked for me.
• Here's a detailed step-by-step solution to the original problem for iTunes on Windows (note that you must be logged on as an Administrator in Windows):
1. Launch iTunes, click EDIT | PREFERENCES and click on the "Devices" tab.
2. Under "Device Backups" select your phone and click the "Delete Backup..." button (it may take awhile).
3. Click the "Reset Sync History" button at the bottom. Once it completes, press the "OK" button.
4. Close iTunes.
5. Click START | RUN and type "services.msc" and press <Enter>.
6. Navigate to the "Apple Mobile Device" service and "Stop" the service. Close the window once it completes.
7. In Windows Explorer, navigate to: "C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR PROFILE>\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\" where "<Your Profile>" is the name of your local Windows profile.
8. Delete everything UNDER the directory called "Backup" (it may take awhile) and then close Windows Explorer.
9. Click START | RUN and type "Command" and press <Enter>.
10. Type "netsh winsock reset" and press <Enter>.
11. Type "exit" and press <Enter>.
12. Reboot your computer.
- 09-02-2011, 11:21 AM #6
- 09-04-2011, 05:41 PM #7
- 09-05-2011, 04:59 AM #8