Switching GMAIL contact accounts?

jmgilliam#IM

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Right now I goog sync with one of my gmail accounts and it works great. Problem is I need to switch to sync contacts with one of my other gmail accounts... I went to settings and mail/contacts and went to the one I sync with now and un checked contacts and it says will remove all contacts.. Can I just do this then check contacts to "on" for the other one..

FYI - I have downloaded all the contacts on gmail to a file and uploaded them to the other gmail account so online or on computer both accounts have the same contacts...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
the one I sync with now and un checked contacts and it says will remove all contacts.. Can I just do this then check contacts to "on" for the other one..

Exactly what you do. Like mentioned above delete them all from phone when you uncheck the first one. You will then be good to go.

jmgilliam#IM

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Should I do it via the itunes way? Or if I delete the contacts from one account and then turn on contacts in another, will it sync over all 600+ to my phone from the gmail account?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Should I do it via the itunes way? Or if I delete the contacts from one account and then turn on contacts in another, will it sync over all 600+ to my phone from the gmail account?

You gmail is set up via Exchange correct? If so simply turn off contacts for that one gmail account. It will then ask if you want to keep those contacts on the phone or delete them. Delete them. Then add the other gmail account on and turn on contacts. All there is to it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods