iPhone to Blackberry: pictures via gtalk

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
bb's have a gtalk app made by google.
iphones do not.

is there any app that will allow me to send and receive files/images from my iphone to a blackberry and vise versa.. i.e with the bb using the gtalk app.

thanks?

im currently using beejiveGT and iOS 4.3.3
the bb is using gtalk for blackberry and OS 5.0

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
The Beejive with Push app allows you to send Pics, etc. It's $10 but it works well. There is also IM+ that will send pics.

Now I just saw [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chat-for-gtalk/id429175616?at=10l3Vy]this App for Gtalk[/URL] and it is only $1

Last edited:

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
the beejive sends a link to a picture, which the bb user has to open and view it on a website.

im+ also cant send to the gtalk for bb app.

need something that the blackberry gtalk app is compatible with

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
let me rephrase !

let me rephrase my question...make it much simpler!

"How do i receive pictures from gtalk on an iphone?:confused:"

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
im already jailbroken.. how does that help?

still need an app that will work with the "google released" version of gtalk to send and receive files.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I never offered a review of the app, i don't use or need it...i simply googled the issue you said you were having and it offered that link, and after reviewing its list of features and abilities, it seemed to list exactly what you were requesting...if it sucks, it sucks, i could honestly care less to learn the compatibility ins and outs of the app, i just used google, typed exactly what you asked about and that came up...perhaps some googling research is in your future?

God forbid the iPhone can't use some obscure blackberry app! lol...have you thought that this is a possibility? That it might not be possible?

Also...and maybe I'm missing something here...but is there any reason why you're going through such great lengths to get around simply sending an MMS to the blackberry? I mean the unlimited messaging plans are dirt cheap these days, is it really worth going through all the hassle to avoid a few cents at most?

Last edited:

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
fyi.. i posted here after a few days of googling.
and what ur missing is the 3000miles that separates the two users.. so no..mms is not cheap. and not an option.
also i wasnt demanding an app.. i wanted to know if its possible.

if u dont know..dont reply!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
and what ur missing is the 3000miles that separates the two users.. so no..mms is not cheap. and not an option.

Oh gotcha, silly me, i guess when your "missing" a piece of information, one should just assume such, right? lmao...

So you searched for days for an application that can be used on both a blackberry and an iPhone to send pictures and files without using MMS...and you came up with nothing?

What about IM+? IMO?

...i mean there were like 4 different apps that can send multimedia and standard message files from one phone to another without using the MMS service and at least 2 of those that i saw were available for both iPhone and blackberry phones...seems odd to me that you searched for days and couldn't come across any of those besides what you're using but having issues with.

As far as your "don't reply" comment, spicy little new fish, aren't ya?

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Last time I checked, you don't get charged by the mile for MMS.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
OP, is there any chance of getting your friend to use something other than gtalk? Whatsapp for instance, or a similar app?

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
@ massie no..its a bb social plan..so limited to the apps that can be used.

@ the old guy: im+ etc etc.. like u said many apps.. tried all.. it doesnt send files. sends a link to a file. that means the bb again.. is limited by the social plan. no browsing.

@ phil: im guessing ur in the u.s.. i dont know how it works there. but here international rates are very high.

your either part of the solution, or your part of the problem.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Old guy...lol. Well kiddo, people have tried to assist you, but your wonderful attitude has certainly made it clear to me that further help will be probably be quite limited.

Just for future reference, if you've tried ALL of these apps to no avail, it would probably help to point that out initially, you know...might be important information, especially after asking generically which apps do exactly what these apps do.

Reactions: ckalli

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
@sean.. thanks for ur inputs and time. but i think ive got all the help that i can from you (google it and search the app store wasnt wat i was looking for ). why dont u send back some wise crack my way..have the last laugh and move on to another thread.

im here cuz i need help..need some productive thinking..

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
@ massie no..its a bb social plan..so limited to the apps that can be used.

Just curious. What is that? I've never heard of the "BB Social Plan" before. Of course I don't know that much about BB so...

I've looked around but it does appear that most iPhone Gtalk apps that send Pics do so through a server. At least I haven't seen one yet.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
@sean.. thanks for ur inputs and time. but i think ive got all the help that i can from you (google it and search the app store wasnt wat i was looking for ). why dont u send back some wise crack my way..have the last laugh and move on to another thread.

im here cuz i need help..need some productive thinking..

You've shown your ass on your own, i don't need to make any wise cracks at all...as far as google it and searching the app store, i'm pretty sure i offered up 3 different specific apps (all of which you gave ZERO indication that you tried and that they didn't work)...

It's cool man, maybe you should swap that ol' iPhone for a blackberry so you can use that app you're so desperate for.

Have fun kiddo. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro