Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

19 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Red face Save notes to home screen?

Is it possible to save "Notes" on our home screen? If so how?
    iPhone Newbie

38 Posts

I think you're asking if you can save notes to the lock screen* (the initial screen displayed when turning on or waking your iPhone --the screen that says "swipe to unlock" on the bottom).

If so, the only way you can do this --on a non-jailbroken iPhone-- is to take a screenshot of a particular note, then set it as a wallpaper. This is a workaround. It does work, but you can only use one note.

If you don't know how to take a screenshot: go to the specific note you want to use (in the Notes app), hold down the home button (the circular button on the front of the phone) and the sleep/wake button (the button on the top of the phone, opposite of the headphone jack) at the same time. This will take a photo of whatever is on your screen and add it to your Camera Roll (in the Photos app).

I attached a screenshot of how it looks on when completed.

12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

If you're not jailbroken you're out of luck.
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Hey, I just stumbled upon this thread via google and wanted to let you know:

I created a small web app that may help you out: remindicons.com

It's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's free and no sign up is required so you can simply try it out