iPhone Battery Life Praise

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I know that may seem random and or pointless but I just thought some of you on here would get a kick out of this. I had the HTC Thunderbolt when it first came out and after about 3 weeks I had to sell it because the battery life was so horrible. Anyway, I had an upgrade since I didn't use mine to get the TB and I have been loving it. My cousin got the TB around the same time as me and he loves it and claims the battery life isn't so bad.

Now I was at the bar on Friday with some friends for my 22nd birthday and I had my iPhone at 92% and his Thunderbolt was at 95%. Why does this matter? This bar has the WORST service for Verizon users. Literally 1 bar of changing 3G and 1X signal. We got to the bar around 10pm and left around 2:15ish (I had to little too many drinks so I am still fuzzy on that :rolleyes:) and here is the best part.

Texting some parts of the night for both of us and just looking at the phones periodically... battery life results:

iPhone 4: 63%
Thunderbolt: 11%

If that doesn't say win for the iPhone battery life I don't know what doesn't. O that was also with WiFi on the whole night not actually being connected to anything since I forgot to turn it off. Simply put... just for battery life reasons I don't think I would be able to go back to a Droid. Period.

elitemarine

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes! Agreed!
I purchased my iPhone about 3 weeks ago.. Coming from HTC Incredible I was used to TERRIBLE battery life. I would HAVE to, charge that thing every single day, if not twice per day.
Now I can get through a whole day, maybe even two if I really want to with a reasonable amount of battery left.
iPhone FTW

ubuntudroid

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Everyone I work with who has Android always need to have their chargers. I love watching them scramble around to find an outlet. Lol

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes! Agreed!
I purchased my iPhone about 3 weeks ago.. Coming from HTC Incredible I was used to TERRIBLE battery life. I would HAVE to, charge that thing every single day, if not twice per day.
Now I can get through a whole day, maybe even two if I really want to with a reasonable amount of battery left.
iPhone FTW

I agree... on a normal day of calling, texting, surfing and some games I get about a day and a half sometimes even 2 days. It's great not having to know where every power source is anymore!

Everyone I work with who has Android always need to have their chargers. I love watching them scramble around to find an outlet. Lol

It's sad it has come down to this, sometimes I think that Droids are going backwards when it comes to cellphones. Battery life is going down, size is going up, and weight is going up too. It is funny I agree to see people come into work with distress on their face asking "DO YOU HAVE AN OUTLET I CAN USE MY PHONES GONNA DIE!!!!!". Sometimes I wanna say now just to see their reaction.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had my iPhone for close to a month now and overall have been pleased with the battery life with my normal day to day usage.

RedRangerReid

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
honestly im not that pleased i figured it would be better i mean dint get me wrong its awesome but once i hit 100% for some reason it will be at 80% in about an hour and a half and im just texting nothing else really but once it hits 80% it takes for ever to die lol

entwined82

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
How did you last charge? I noticed that if I charge from a wall outlet the charge seems to last longer but off my laptop it seems to drain rapidly. I'm down from 100% at 5PM yesterday to 44% now with only light use. I thought a charge is a charge but I guess not.

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
honestly im not that pleased i figured it would be better i mean dint get me wrong its awesome but once i hit 100% for some reason it will be at 80% in about an hour and a half and im just texting nothing else really but once it hits 80% it takes for ever to die lol

Have not had that issue, honestly I found that if you always watch the % of battery life it will ANNOY you every time you see it go down a %. As long as you are able to keep your phone charged for a full day and use it for a full day you are already ahead of the people using Android phones.

How did you last charge? I noticed that if I charge from a wall outlet the charge seems to last longer but off my laptop it seems to drain rapidly. I'm down from 100% at 5PM yesterday to 44% now with only light use. I thought a charge is a charge but I guess not.

It takes longer to charge through the computer yes, but I don't think that it should be having a issue holding the charge. If it is that bad some things may be to blame such as service signal. Bad service will kill battery life. If it is really that bad, make an appointment to go to the genius bar and they can check it out for you.

entwined82

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
It takes longer to charge through the computer yes, but I don't think that it should be having a issue holding the charge. If it is that bad some things may be to blame such as service signal. Bad service will kill battery life. If it is really that bad, make an appointment to go to the genius bar and they can check it out for you.

This is not something exclusive to the iphone. My Droid did the same thing on 2 different laptops. Its not a service issue as I'm in an area with 4-5 bars and good 3G (and actually I'm on wifi which drains the battery less than 3G). The drain only happens when I charge via USB off a laptop. If I charge off the wall its fine.

mediq91

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon iPhone seems to have the best battery life out of any of the devices I have ever tested or had in my own hands. I have been through around 16 different phones that I have reviewed or tested within the last year and honestly it beats anything. I have a AT&T iPhone and had some battery issues. So why things have changed between carriers is honestly not a known fact for me but I would have to say the CDMA radio is better on batter life conservation. So I do agree. The Thunderbolt I had worst bettery life my Droid X2 bad battery life had to get an extended life battery to even make it through most of my day. My average use is around 1 hour of 3G data usage. 1 to 2 hours of WI FI usage around 700 texts a day and about 30 emails with around 40 minutes of talk time and my battery has about 20 percent after getting pulled off the charger at 630 AM and lasts until 10:30 PM

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I do agree with the comments on the iPhone and its battery life. However, when it comes to devices everything is relative. Many of the comments state androids/droids are worse on battery life but no one mentions the screen size differences or even the battery size differences. The thunderbolt seems to be taking the heat however, that is not an Android issue. That is an HTC problem and shame on them for supplying an LTE phone with such a small internal battery. Additionally, the 4g network takes some blame until it is optimized properly for handheld devices.

You can have the best software in the world but, if your hardware specs aren't to the same levels then, they will not work well together. What about the battery makers? Shame on them for not developing battery technology to keep pace with software and hardware alike, for the smartphone era. So, battery life isn't just an Android or Apple thing they just take the heat or claim for the rest of the moving parts that go into a smart device's makeup.

My two cents.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree, the iP4 battery lasts long! Ever since my husband got his iP4, i use it just about every day from when he comes home, unless of course he needs it,lol. We went to the beach the other day. My bb was on 100% when we got there, while his was at 98%, just for argument sake. On the beach i used my bb for just a bit of web surfing. BUT i used my husbands for a few crossword games, some Family Feud and web surfing. By the time we were leaving for the day, over the course of about 6hrs approx., my bb battery was down to 43%, while the hubby's was hoovering around 65%.....and i used his iP4 95% of the time.

When i get my iP4, this will be something i will be looking forward to, not having to charge mid-late day:)

purwater

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
My battery life was a bit disappointing at first. I knew it would get better and I just kept an eye on it. By week 2 it was much better than the first few days. For week 2 and now week 3 it has been pretty solid. I can go through a day starting at 6:15 a.m. and when I put it on charge at bedtime it's usually around the low 40s percentage wise. That's pretty good considering I play some games, talk usually 1-2 hours, text, email, etc. For some odd reason yesterday I had an anomaly. The phone was doing great and battery life was going as usual. I went to visit my mom and do some yard work for her. On the way home my battery was in the mid 80s and I played some music through the car stereo. I got home with about 80% left at around 7:00 p.m. I went to grab my phone to use the timer for some cooking and it was at 48% about an hour later. The phone was very warm on the back. I had nothing running and checked my running apps. About 9:00 it was down to 36%. I powered my phone off and on and after that it stayed about the same till bedtime. That hadn't happened before and today it's back to normal. Not sure what happened. All I can figure is maybe the wifi or bluetooth radio was searching or the gps was trying to work even though I had them off. I guess maybe just a glitch, but I'm hoping I don't see that again.

jiggyb21

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I have been perusing the internet for the best iphone forums, and from what I read, this is it......that being said this is my first post.

Now, I came from a Droid X and I got my iphone 4 the day it came to Verizon. I had an upgrade to burn and I was so happy with my Droid X that I was prepared to sell the iphone and keep my Droid X if it didn't blow me away. Well it pretty well did, I like the smaller size, the crazy sweet screen, and most everything else. The one thing that I can honestly say is NOT better than the Droid X is the battery life!!
Don't get me wrong, it is extremely close but I never once felt like I had to leave the house w a charger until now. My Droid X would last well through the day and have about 25% left at around 10pm when I went to bed. My iphone will do that sometimes but to be on the safe side I usually plug it in while I shower and that's enough to finish my day. Contrary to an earlier poster I get picked on for watching my battery and having to carry a charger w me now, not when I had my "Android".

Which brings me to my last point (and I know this is my first post and I'll probably catch some ish). I can't stand when my fellow iphone users refer to every device running the Android OS as an Android and that's it. That is like referring to every single Windows PC as just a PC and comparing screen quality and battery life of an Acer to a Mac.....it doesn't make sense, it's not enough information. Every single Motorola I have every owned got incredible cell service and had a great battery. I would stand up for my Droid X any day. I'm sure people get away with it here because 9/10 people are straight Apple buyers, but people sound pretty ignorant when they refer to every single phone as an Android.

Go easy on me!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods