iPhone/iPad Charger

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone and iPad have different usb cable adapters for charging the devices. I wanted to know what happens if I use the iPad charger for the iPhone or vice-versa. Are the adapters designed specifically for each device? Or can I just carry one adapter for both devices? Please help me out here. Thanks

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone and iPad have different usb cable adapters for charging the devices. I wanted to know what happens if I use the iPad charger for the iPhone or vice-versa. Are the adapters designed specifically for each device? Or can I just carry one adapter for both devices? Please help me out here. Thanks

What happens? It charges your iPhone/iPod faster. The Apple website lists the iPad charger (10w) as a compatible charger for all iPads, iPhones and iPods.

The same is true of the iPhone/iPod charger... but it only puts out 5w, so it won't charge the iPad, even though it is compatible... (technically, it does charge the iPad, but so slowly that even having the screen on draws more power than the 5w charger can "feed" it.)

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yup...universal usage between iOS devices with ALL cables. I actually bought another "iPad" 10w cable set (normal cable plus wall adaptor) for my iPhone that i keep with me because it charges so quickly. It was like $5 more than just the regular dock cable on Amazon a while back...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711