Sync with Mac vs. PC

anon(1217668)

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I got a new MacBook Air (as a second machine, I have a gaming PC as my other one), and I feel like now that I have a Mac, it makes some sort of sense that I should sync my iPhone to it instead of my PC, just cause they're both made by Apple. I don't really have a problem syncing on my PC, it's the most up to date as far as my music library and other iPhone syncing related media goes, so if I switch I'll have to make some changes there, which I'd be fine with (I might also wait until iOS 5 for the help of iCloud).

I just feel like I'd get more syncing my iPhone with my Mac rather than my PC. My main thought is how does a Mac handle syncing photos taken on the iPhone to the computer? I haven't really found a way to make it work in a usable way on Windows. I'd like to just have my computer import pictures automatically, but not save it based on dates taken and other stuff that Windows likes to do when it bases its imports as if it were a digital camera.

Are there any other benefits of syncing with a Mac? I know there was a poll done on which OS people sync with, and I was looking for it to see if anyone posted any reasons one way or the other, but I couldn't find it for the life of me.

Tom-Tom

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
My girlfriend has a MacBook Pro, and if I understand correctly, they automatically sync to the Photos app on the MacBook. And if not, there's always the old fashioned "copy and paste" method I use when I synx with my Windows.

And another point of view, it may be better to keep everything on your MacBook, that way pics/videos/apps/music aren't eating up memory that could be used for the gaming.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I don't see much difference. I used to sync with a Windows machine... when that machine failed I replaced it with a Mac... the process seems to be pretty much the same... some of the apps that you synch with are different, (Picasa on PC, iTunes on Mac; Outlook on PC, Contacts/iCal on Mac)... but that's not a big deal, and is driven by the apps that you have on your computer.

If it's working for you now, why "fix" it?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Same boat here as Hank. Up until late December I was happily syncing with a pc. Bought myself a MacBook Air and decided I should keep my Apple products together. There is no discernible difference in the syncing itself, and I do miss the ability to view the DCM folder on my iPhone from my pc.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There is no legitimate difference between syncing the hardware to either a Mac or windows based PC...as long as both machines are equal in features when being compared, their performance running the software needed to use iPhones, iPads and iPods will be, for the most part, exactly the same...

Now the performance of the software itself while in use is a different story...you can read horror stories about Windows users using iTunes all day long, but typically, 99% of mac users are having no issues with it, and have very little complaints about its performance. With that kind of difference, one cannot attribute it strictly to the user, there has to be some kind of bottom end difference with the software at some point, or at least a difference in which the windows machine uses the software...it very well could be the fact that many Windows based machines are so tied up trying to keep viruses off of themselves, that iTunes becomes less fluid within that environment...who knows.

All i know is, when you use a Mac strictly...and also have an iPhone and iPad, you don't have to worry about these kind of choices. ;) :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2