How Long Do Your Software Apple Updates Take?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Everytime I download the software update from apple when i sync my phone to itunes it always seems to take an hour+ sometimes even more. I know I don't have the best internet connection maybe because most of the times i am in a hotel and when i'm not i share interent with my neighbor which is the next door/apartment over. How long do yours take usually? Also i just downloaded the 4.2.10 version for the Iphone Verizon. am i currently up to date? Thanks!

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Everytime I download the software update from apple when i sync my phone to itunes it always seems to take an hour+ sometimes even more. I know I don't have the best internet connection maybe because most of the times i am in a hotel and when i'm not i share interent with my neighbor which is the next door/apartment over. How long do yours take usually? Also i just downloaded the 4.2.10 version for the Iphone Verizon. am i currently up to date? Thanks!

All of my updates have taken approximately 30 minutes. The latest update (4.2.10) took about 20 minutes.

Yes, 4.2.10 is the latest iOS version for the CDMA iPhone.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The speed at which the update is downloaded depends on your internet connection. You said that your internet connection is not that good and that you are sharing the connection with your neighbor. This being the case, could explain why the updates take longer.

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Considering these updates are a full image, and that sits around 600mb+

And the average american household internet speeds are around 3mbps. 20-45 min is normal to pull down that data.

PhoneAddict

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Just updated to 4.2.10 and the download (high speed cable) took 9 minutes and the actual update took another 7-8 minutes, so around 16 minutes total. Other updates have been about the same with the variable being the update download, so your shared internet connection could be causing a delay. Next time you do a OS update look at iTunes during the download, it will indicate the file download time.

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
4.2.10 roughly took me 10 minutes on high speed cable... probably wasn't helping that I was streaming netflix on xbox live at the same time when it was downloading lol.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73