Apple has released iOS 4.2.10 for Verizon iPhone

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
iOS 4.2.10 Software Update

Fixes a security vulnerability with certificate validation.

Anyone have any issues with this one? I am of the *if it ain't broke don't fix it* school, and have never updated my phone. It has been rock solid stable.:)

This update seems more important.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I just updated mine & am in the process of updating my IPad. I'll post if I see/notice any issues later on in the evening.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Only thing I notice is that we're still having fragmentation issues............

Why can't we just be at the same OS version as the GSM!

It will come... probably with the iPhone 5 and iOS 5... despite what you think or hear, the GSM and CDMA phones are different beasts - therefore the OS must also be different to accomodate the hardware differences.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It will come... probably with the iPhone 5 and iOS 5... despite what you think or hear, the GSM and CDMA phones are different beasts - therefore the OS must also be different to accomodate the hardware differences.

Very true, the Verizon and AT&T iphones will never have the same IOS version. Even when IOS 5 comes out the version number will still be different between the two devices. Fear not, I don't see Verizon being left behind for any reason.

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site

so that should make all the different iPad 2 versions different too right?

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick update after loading 4.2.10:

Yesterday after taking the phone off the charger I had battery draining issues. I was down 20% in an hour doing the standard checking emails, surfing the web, and Pandora, 30% after 90 minutes. I couldn't get it to fully charge and continued to have excessive battery drain issues throughout the day using the phone as I normally do. I decided this morning to restore it via ITunes and voila...that fixed it. Battery is functioning normally today. Just an FYI if anyone else may experience this problem.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have a question in regards to this iOS version 4.2.10. Right now I have 2 iP4 vzw users in the house currently on 4.2.8. They just got then about 2wks ago. When I hook to iTunes it's asking me to go to 4.2.9, not 4.2.10. SO my question here is do I have to upgrade to .9 before it'll ask me about .10?

I'm running the latest vers of iTunes also 10.x.

Thx for any insight on this!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No. When iTunes prompts you to upgrade, you get what the current version is. You can choose to stay where your are (4.2.8) or upgrade to latest (4.2.10)... there is no option to load anything else. Apple only "signs" (authorizes/activates) the latest version of the iOS... so there's no point to going to 4.2.9, because it won't work if you load it now...

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok so then if I understand you correctly, even though when I hook up and iTunes says upgrade to 4.2.9 and I except that to download, it will then just over ride that basically and say it's installing 4.2.10.

Thx for your reply Hank :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok so then if I understand you correctly, even though when I hook up and iTunes says upgrade to 4.2.9 and I except that to download, it will then just over ride that basically and say it's installing 4.2.10.

Thx for your reply Hank :)

iTunes alerts you to the fact that there's an updated version of iOS available for your device. If you choose to upgrade, you get what ever is current. If you pass on the update, you stay where you are.

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok thx so much, I gotcha now. Appreciate the reply again & for your patience:) were new with the whole iP4 thing and needing iOS updates.

Thx again! :D

zwoof

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Probably won't be, either...

Yea.. I kinda figured this might be. I guess at this point, with iOS 5 so close and unless some major software imporovement happens with an update which is highly unlikely, I may as well leave well enough alone and wait until 5 comes out and untethered.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711