iOS 4.3.5 Released For GSM Devices

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
iOS 4.3.5 Released For GSM Devices; 4.2.10 for CDMA

Apple has just released iOS 4.3.5 for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. This update comes just says after the iOS 4.3.4 release and it resolves a ?security issue.?

There was no mention of the CDMA version, so I don't know if the security issue was just in the GSM version or of CDMA will be released shortly...

Apple releases iOS 4.3.5, resolves security issue (Updated with geeky specifics) | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

UPDATE: Just found a link on Cult of Mac that also mentions 4.2.10 for CDMA/VZW iPhone to fix the same "security issue".

Apple Releases iOS 4.3.5, Fixes Security Vulnerabilities | Cult of Mac

Last edited:

dcgore

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
It's kinda strange Apple keeps the firmware of both devices different when these two look pretty much the same. Does the CDMA device needs more testing? i don't know.

Shawn#IM

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The main reason for releasing 4.3.4 was to stop JailBreakMe.com from working (even though the Apple site says "security issue").. 4.3.5 is probably something similar.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The main reason for releasing 4.3.4 was to stop JailBreakMe.com from working (even though the Apple site says "security issue").. 4.3.5 is probably something similar.

There was a serious security flaw in the .pdf reader in versions prior to 4.3.4... and Apple finally got around to closing that hole.

The fact that the jailbreakers were exploiting that .pdf security hole to effect the jailbreak process is secondary to the issue. I feel pretty safe in saying that Apple is happy to have closed the JB "hook", and that may have factored into their decision to pursue/correct the issue... but to say that Apple is playing their efforts to close the JB "hook" as a security fix is misinformation. The two "fixes" are one and the same.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73