Found iPhone4

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So I found an iphone4 today on the sidewalk and the its passcode protected so I can't access any contacts to try to locate the owner to return it to him/her. When I connected it to iTunes it says to enter passcode before it can connect to iTunes. The phone says NO SERVICE so I'm assuming the owner turned had the service turned off. Is there anyway to contact the owner or should I just throw it away? Maybe return to AT&T?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No need to throw it away. You can turn it in to your local police dept., or an Apple store if you have one near by. You can take it into an AT&T store, however, they might refer you back to an Apple to or the local authorities anyway. Either way I'm sure the person who lost it will appreciate the fact that you took the time to get it back to him/her. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
well my intention is to get it back to the owner but its not like a reg phone where you can just look up mom, dad or sister or other family member and call them to inform them. I will not step foot in precinct in NYC cuz cops are less than cool. Gonna look up an AT&T store and drop it off to them

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
^ Since you live in NYC, I am sure there are a few Apple stores near by. Just take it into the closest one. The employees at the store will know how to locate the owner...

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Apple store will send it to the right person... had a apple store employee show me how they do it once. they will definately help you out.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ok cool, thanks guys for the info, I don't passcode protect my iPhone so I wonder if I lost it would the person go through my contacts and get it back to me?? There are some really bad people in NYC but you can't let 1 apple spoil the bunch.

dcgore

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you don't want to be the guy whose pic is on the internet because of the app that takes pics when a phone is stolen.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you don't want to be the guy whose pic is on the internet because of the app that takes pics when a phone is stolen.

FU, I didn't steal it you douche bag, I love how when you try to do the right thing people accuse you of the doing the opposite. I should've tossed it in the sewer and not even got involved.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been meaning to Photoshop "if found please call..." onto my lock screen wallpaper. That'd be the quickest and easiest way to get a passcode locked phone back. Assuming you're lucky enough to have it found by someone with an interest in returning it. :)

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been meaning to Photoshop "if found please call..." onto my lock screen wallpaper. That'd be the quickest and easiest way to get a passcode locked phone back. Assuming you're lucky enough to have it found by someone with an interest in returning it. :)

That's a great idea, I think I will use that if you don't mind. I really like this

alaviarin

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
You could try hitting the "Emergency Call button" and then dial a random number and call it. When it's ringing hit the power button. You can only access the persons contacts this way

dcgore

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
FU, I didn't steal it you douche bag, I love how when you try to do the right thing people accuse you of the doing the opposite. I should've tossed it in the sewer and not even got involved.

Never implied you stole the phone, but the owner may think differently. There have been several articles and posts of owners whom have activated these kinds of apps (the ones that take pics when the phone is in use) and you don't want to me mistaken for a thief.